• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Barefoot Gen

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 am Reply with quote
I'm, frankly, a little surprised to see Barefoot Gen as Buried Treasure. I was under the impression it was a title that everyone was aware of. Guess not though.

Anyway, Barefoot Gen is easily one of the hardest things you'll EVER have to watch, short of going back in time and watching the bombing firsthand - cause, lets face it, the Manga was written by a guy who was THERE. As it stands, its a movie I have mixed feelings about - it falls into my categorization of Anime movies that everyone needs to see. But its actual content makes it hard for me to actually recommend it to anyone. Its a rough movie. The sequel, by comparison, is neither as moving or as difficult to take. In short, the sequel lacks that gravity of the first and simply isn't as good. Either way, the Manga is INCREDIBLE and significantly better than the Anime besides. Its also very angry and bitter, appropriately so. Even more than I whould recommend the first movie, I recommend the Manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4