• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic TSR Blu-ray - Win It Before You Can Buy It

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi Kaji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
Barciad wrote:
Are they ever going to make a third series proper?

Personally, I think that there's a high chance that they'll get to it eventually, but Kyoto Animation has a number of things on their plate right now and they don't generally don't do more than one - maybe two - series at once. So, unfortunately, we're stuck waiting for the moment.

Unless I'm making things up I seem to recall hearing that the creator wanted to finish up the novels up before doing another season.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Kaji wrote:
Kalessin wrote:
Barciad wrote:

Personally, I think that there's a high chance that they'll get to it eventually, but Kyoto Animation has a number of things on their plate right now and they don't generally don't do more than one - maybe two - series at once. So, unfortunately, we're stuck waiting for the moment.

Unless I'm making things up I seem to recall hearing that the creator wanted to finish up the novels up before doing another season.

I've never heard that, but he certainly could have said it, and depending on what they want to do with further adaptations, it makes a lot of sense to have the whole thing done so that you can plan it all out cleanly. In either case, I just hope that they eventually manage to adapt it all. At this point, I'd be happy if they at least did another season like Fumoffu which was purely side-story comedy stuff. I prefer the more serious stuff, but the FMP comedy is still pure gold.
bluegreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
Chibi Kaji wrote:
Kalessin wrote:
Barciad wrote:

I've never heard that, but he certainly could have said it, and depending on what they want to do with further adaptations, it makes a lot of sense to have the whole thing done so that you can plan it all out cleanly. In either case, I just hope that they eventually manage to adapt it all. At this point, I'd be happy if they at least did another season like Fumoffu which was purely side-story comedy stuff. I prefer the more serious stuff, but the FMP comedy is still pure gold.
I somewhat recall hearing something like this as well. I think he finished the novels a year or two ago so who knows, maybe we will hear about a project at some point.

But that being said

Holy crap, I didn't even know this was in the works haha. It'll definitely be a first day purchase for me, TSR looks beautiful as it is. Its going to look unbelievably stunning in Blu Ray
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
Asrialys wrote:
Heh, almost did what I did last time. Enter today's date Razz

LOL. Me too.

In any case, I think that they really need to reword that part about only entering the date if you're 13 or older. I had to reread it several times to make sure that I understood it correctly (at first, I thought that it wanted you to enter it if you were under 13). All they really need to say is that the contest is only for those 13 and older and throw away any entries where the person is too young. The current wording is way more complex than it needs to be.

Actually, those instructions aren't meant to be there. They're for the person making the contest. All there needs to be is the "date of Birth: " and the box to enter your birthdate. You don't need to know what happens if you're under 13 Smile

pepperonipizzapie wrote:

Wow, in the mailing address box I pressed enter so I could enter in my city/state/zip code and it ended up submitting my entry. I wonder if they could get by with just a street address Razz

Well, I guess that's what e-mail confirmation is for

Shepperoni wrote:
Crud, I just realized I did the same thing! Laughing

Actually, we throw out incomplete addresses. Clear the cookie and re-enter.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Remastered, huh?
In other words; the show was actually produce in SD so we upscaled it to 1080p to flog an otherwise dead franchaise in terms of sales.
Thanks but no thanks FUNi.
How about you instead focus on giving us native HD shows such as Darker Than Black on Blu-ray?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
How about you instead focus on giving us native HD shows such as Darker Than Black on Blu-ray?

Considering that one hasn't even come out on in a regular boxset, I don't see why FUNi would release a Blu-Ray boxset this early.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So if you win, but you live in Antarctica

Must be damn expensive to ship anything to antarctica indeed..
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:
So if you win, but you live in Antarctica

Must be damn expensive to ship anything to antarctica indeed..

.. and then an Alaskan wins.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Is the first season out on blu-ray? Or just TSR?
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
Is the first season out on blu-ray? Or just TSR?

Just TSR... so far (come on ADV, you know you want to.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2