• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Survey Asks Which Anime That Fans Want on BD in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thief_ac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Gurren Lagann, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Toradora!, Aria in BD? Can't wait for these release (if they are approved) Exclamation
Brass2TheMax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I second Rurouni Kenshin on Blu-Ray.
TJR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I'm still wondering how Kissdum made the list.

Probably impacted by the fact that a DVD version was never released. Bad as Kissdum might be, that's still rare for an otaku show.

Quote:
Despite the fact Toradora is a excpetional series, but the series is still rather new. I wouldn't mind watching this series in Blu-Ray, but because the series ended in 2009, I can't imagine there would be much of difference.

Yes and no. If a show were only broadcast in SD, then I wouldn't care so much about Blu-Ray. However, we're seeing many shows that are broadcast in HD but only sold on DVD.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Well Mai HiME is gonna get an blue-ray release and possible a sequel is in the works.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
Well Mai HiME is gonna get an blue-ray release and possible a sequel is in the works.

Really? Well paint me interested. If true, I hope that the former will be released over here and that the latter had better be just as good, if not better, than the first and if so that it will also see a stateside release.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
DomFortress wrote:
Keep in mind that "moe" is only a Romanji of the Japanese Kanji of "萌", means "to sprout", or more precisely in the case of Japanese fictional literature "to make something out of nothing". When that nothing is the emotion you planted into a fictional character, not a real person.

Oh snap! Shocked
What's so wrong with planting emotions into a fictional character instead of a real person?
DomFortress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
DomFortress wrote:
Keep in mind that "moe" is only a Romanji of the Japanese Kanji of "萌", means "to sprout", or more precisely in the case of Japanese fictional literature "to make something out of nothing". When that nothing is the emotion you planted into a fictional character, not a real person.

Oh snap! Shocked
What's so wrong with planting emotions into a fictional character instead of a real person?
I never said there's anything wrong with that. Therefore you made that judgment all by yourself.

All I can say is that since the emotion projected from a moe anime fan to a fictional character is one-sided, due to the fact that their object of affection isn't real. Their characters development can often become very "one sided", due to a lack of real emotional stimulants from real people.

I mean, isn't that why they were primed to do something like this? And the truth is, when you replace every word of "love" that they used with "obsession" instead. And suddenly the whole thing just made a lot more sense and therefore, understandable yet disturbing all the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4