• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Madoka Magica Show Considered After 3rd Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I always found it rather interesting that Madoka's new universe was never prefect and didn't try to be. That is an interesting place for a new story for more PM3.

If they are looking for new writers, I would rather that they let someone new and different take on this little series. I would to see how that could be spun, how different it would look and what could happen with new talent.
Given what happened with Madoka so far, I would be willing to make that large bet with the series.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
but.... well, spoiler[just how much is the original ending going to be undermined with the existence of new witches? Judging by the dialogue of the trailer for the third movie, I figure'd there'd be something *like* witches again, but witches? Might that be a placeholder-name? Whatever the enemies are, they better not house young girls' souls again...]

This is the part that has me worried about the whole process. They went and spoiler[introduced wraiths] at the end of the first season. Great, nothing wrong there, as it helps keep balance and give the girls something to do. Now it seems like a sudden retcon to go spoiler[you want witches, fine, there are witches too.]
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:01 am Reply with quote
Wait... people though they WOULDN'T make more? People who saw the 3rd movie thought they WOULDN'T make more? Seriously?
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
punipuniwarrior wrote:
I thought this show was vastly overrated and over-marketed enough as it was. Is this money really going back into 'anime' or to the merchandise and publishing companies?

Do you even have to ask the question ? Merchandise and publishing companies. If you feel so warm about your favorite anime studio just mail 'em a check. I'm sure they'd appreciate their fan's commitment.

Quote:

Given the amount of suspicion this franchise has raised on 2ch and beyond, I wouldn't bank on the idea that buying more DVDs is going to make the industry any stronger or the quality any higher, I think someone is playing the sustain game.

Madoka Magica ended with the 13th episode of the tv series. Everything after that is just milking the cows. And as long as the cows strike that, as long as the consumers muuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh muuuuuuhhhhhhhhh the milk will glady be taken from them. Enjoy your endless sensless Madoka series.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
Anybody who was in a similar situation would do the same as the producers of Madoka.

You would be crazy not too, this series has a huge demand, and the market is supposed to satisfy that demand. The fans get what they want and the producers also get what they want.

Everybody wins, except for whiny little shits on the internet who can't ignore things.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Anybody who was in a similar situation would do the same as the producers of Madoka.

You would be crazy not too, this series has a huge demand, and the market is supposed to satisfy that demand. The fans get what they want and the producers also get what they want.

Everybody wins, except for whiny little shits on the internet who can't ignore things.

In my opinion, a good show has to have an ending (and Madoka Magica series had a perfect ending), and it must stick to it, instead of continuing indefinitely with pointless sequels and spin-offs.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

In my opinion, a good show has to have an ending (and Madoka Magica series had a perfect ending), and it must stick to it, instead of continuing indefinitely with pointless sequels and spin-offs.

And it will have an ending, at some point.

But be honest, most people would be doing the exact same thing those producers did.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Just like there are three Avatar sequels!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Please do not necropost.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3