• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kodansha Comics Panel [2012-10-13]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Middaugh unveiled a special message from Takeuchi to the panel attendees: “It makes me very happy to hear that so many people are caring for my precious baby, Sailor Moon, after she has crossed the sea to America.” She also reminding them about a special poster offer at Kodansha's booth, mock-threatening those who didn't make it with “In the name of the moon, I will punish you!”

Someone took pictures of the message and a lot more was said than that.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbug40KnOt1qhg012o1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbug40KnOt1qhg012o2_1280.jpg

Quote:
Hello, American Sailor Moon fans. it’s Naoko Takeuchi.

I truly thank you for all of the support you’ve given to Sailor Moon!

It makes me very happy that so many people are caring for my precious baby, Sailor Moon, after she has crossed the sea to America. I’ve seen pictures of American fans cosplaying as Sailor Moon characters and heard that all of you are collecting lots of manga and merchandise, and it makes me happy and moves me deeply that Sailor Moon and I have received so much love, even in another country.

This is the 20th Anniversary of Sailor Moon, and there are lots of plans I’m sure you will enjoy.

First, for the Thanksgiving Day season on Nov 20, 2012 there will be a Sailor Moon box set, and also an art book will be released simultaneously worldwide in 2013. I’m sure they will both be wonderful. I know we’ll continue to come up with even more fun things in the future. Please look forward to them!

Naoko Takeuchi

P.S. I've heard that you can get an original Sailor Moon calendar, pin and poster at the Kodansha USA Publishing booth, so please be sure to visit! If you don't show up, then "in the name of the moon, I will punish you!
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Did they say when the art book is coming out?
ReaKon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
Awesome, i will most likely be picking up the Airgear omnibuses. Are Kodansha's 3 in 1 omnibuses of a good quality? I wouldn't want the spines to break and the paper to be see-through etc.

Quote:
“It's set during the Viking invasion of England,” Applegate said of Vinland Saga. “There's revenge and intrigue, and it's awesome.”

Was there a sentence missing from this? It seems to be out of nowhere with no mention of them licencing it (I hope they have)
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:23 am Reply with quote
ReaKon wrote:
Awesome, i will most likely be picking up the Airgear omnibuses. Are Kodansha's 3 in 1 omnibuses of a good quality? I wouldn't want the spines to break and the paper to be see-through etc.

Quote:
“It's set during the Viking invasion of England,” Applegate said of Vinland Saga. “There's revenge and intrigue, and it's awesome.”

Was there a sentence missing from this? It seems to be out of nowhere with no mention of them licencing it (I hope they have)

yeah they have, and yea it looks like it was just dropped in there, like a tv show coming back in after a cutaway fade.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
Oh poop. I missed the calendars. :<
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1