Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken - Queen's Blade Nanael


Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
2DOtaku



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 122
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote
See I knew someone would take something I said and twist it into something I didn't. Dom... there's a world of difference between voicing your opinions and imposing them. I, as I plainly pointed out, was simply giving my 2 cents. If people don't want to agree with me, fine, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I was just throwing in my point of view. I'm not going to stay here and argue about how I'm right and you're wrong (and no, that's not what I'm doing just now), nor did I say that everyone should just keep their ideas to themselves. Quote the part of my post where I said that. Was it: -
Quote:
As long as they keep themselves to themselves and don't try to impose their opinions onto me I'll happily stand back and let anyone enjoy whatever they're into...

That was me referring to people's right to their own fantasies and pleasures. So long as they don't decide to go out and rape someone, or tell me that I'm wrong for not wanting to get jiggy to a statue, then I'm fine with that. I never said that people should keep their moral opinions to themselves. If someone, particularly a member of the audience I told to get a grip, wants to counter my argument with their own argument (and not by picking apart the holes in mine which they themselves made), then I welcome it. If someone manages to convince me of their side of the argument, then hey, I've learned something. I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong. Maybe you just misread my post, so I hope I've cleared it up a bit. I'm not Mr. Neutral, I just don't see anything inherently wrong with this statue. There are a few that make me cock my eyebrow a bit, but this isn't one of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatotsu911



Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 457
Location: US of East Coast
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least, from what I can see, she looks - technically - anatomically correct from the shoulders down. But the headless version sent chills down my spine - it looks like something out of Silent Hill.

Of course, the main reason I even read this article in the first place was to see Rob revile in horror. So, mission accomplished, I guess. I'm just surprised he didn't make a bigger deal of what utter nightmare fuel the headless figure is.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed this thread would become such a vicious borderline-flame war. I haven't seen so many logically reprehensible arguments since my prematurely aborted stint at the middle school debate club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redbeard 101
Moderator


Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 16382
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
DomFortress wrote:
I just take my anime hobby more seriously than most people I came to know, that's all. Now why's that making me any different that those who don't, and how, is therefore anyone's guess.

What's making you different is that you're the only one here attempting to give some sort of relationship and marriage advice which you totally are not qualified to do. That and just go on and on like usual about how wonderful you are and how lucky your girlfriend is to have you and how we should all be so utterly jealous of your magnificence. You're also attempting to apparently teach us all what it truly means to have a hobby and how we should all think. Perhaps you should just realize we don't all have to think exactly like you and you're not some shining beacon of awesomeness for everyone else. Take your hobby seriously all you want but spare the Dr. Phil life lessons for some place else.

2DOtaku wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:
That Nanael statue's intent is not questionable, and it's all designed to bring focus on the breast.

Actually, I have to disagree; you can see her panties too.

Yea but with this figure you can't remove them as you can the top to see her breasts. It's a bit different. Now if you could remove them as well....that would be a different story. And even more disturbing too. I'd hate to find out if the designers actually made a semi-realistic PVC crotch for such a figure. There would be NO purpose for that...nothing that isn't creepy and disturbing anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
2DOtaku



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 122
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Yea but with this figure you can't remove them as you can the top to see her breasts. It's a bit different. Now if you could remove them as well....that would be a different story. And even more disturbing too. I'd hate to find out if the designers actually made a semi-realistic PVC crotch for such a figure. There would be NO purpose for that...nothing that isn't creepy and disturbing anyways.

Although my remark was a half-joke you make a fine point nonetheless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9321
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
2DOtaku wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:
Yea but with this figure you can't remove them as you can the top to see her breasts. It's a bit different. Now if you could remove them as well....that would be a different story. And even more disturbing too. I'd hate to find out if the designers actually made a semi-realistic PVC crotch for such a figure. There would be NO purpose for that...nothing that isn't creepy and disturbing anyways.

Although my remark was a half-joke you make a fine point nonetheless.


On most of the Queen's Blade figures you can remove the bottoms to make them fully nude, there's not really any detail down there, so nothing to worry about. I think the new Queen's Blade Revoltechs, however, DO, have detail, which I found rather odd. I hope Kaiyodo does all of the characters as well, they'll sure as hell sell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9321
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

Yea but with this figure you can't remove them as you can the top to see her breasts. It's a bit different. Now if you could remove them as well....that would be a different story. And even more disturbing too. I'd hate to find out if the designers actually made a semi-realistic PVC crotch for such a figure. There would be NO purpose for that...nothing that isn't creepy and disturbing anyways.


I keep getting the distinct feeling you people simply aren't grasping the concept of JAPANESE OTAKU are not the same as US. They buy exactly what you described. They buy hug pillows, eroges, loli doujinshi, any sick or perverted thing that you could imagine that extends well beyond what you described. No it's not all of them, but it must be a considerable amount because this stuff is made in mass enough for it to continue.

They do make those figures, and they get bought until they're sold out. There, the end. Stop this stupid debate, it's arguing specific sexual morals that don't apply to the target buyers of these products.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Mello



Joined: 31 May 2004
Posts: 2090
Location: Unlocked
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
My mind is blown.


That honestly surprises me. I figured you'd be immune to stuff like this by now.

Rob being unexcited about this week's column is equivalent, at least in my mind, to being unexcited about the first day of school. He's still gotta go through with it, no matter how much he doesn't want to.

I find it interesting that anything that could be even remotely perceived as un-objective automatically means the review has no merit and/or is wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group