• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Adds Benjamin's Remember Manhua, Reschedules Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Count me as one of those who would love dearly to see the Kino's Journey novels brought back to life.

I was out of the country when the first novel was released and by the time I came back to the States it was already out of print. I do wonder why they made the title Kino no Tabi and not Kino's Journey though, cause even people who were familiar or at least heard of the anime series might not have recognized it at first glance.

It's really too bad that light novels had such supposedly awful sales. I've bought quite a few series (Vampire Hunter D, several .hack, Scrapped Princess, Shana, FMP, Dirty Pair, etc) but it seems that other than the fantastic novel series of Twelve Kingdoms and Dark Horse's D, pretty much everything else has fallen by the wayside.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Tokyopop is waiting on Gravitation's creator for more volumes of that title, but advises readers not to "hold your breath." On the other hand, the publisher noted that it "had tremendous success with .hack, and you will probably see more."

I WANT MORE GRAVITATION EX AND .HACK.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS LIFE VOLUME 10?!
bigheart711

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Tokyopop is waiting on Gravitation's creator for more volumes of that title, but advises readers not to "hold your breath." On the other hand, the publisher noted that it "had tremendous success with .hack, and you will probably see more."

I WANT MORE GRAVITATION EX AND .HACK.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS LIFE VOLUME 10?!

That's what the hell I want to know. If tokyopop wants more customers back, then they better resume the LIFE series!

quote]but what about Scrapped Princess?[/quote]
Scrapped Princess was finished with 3 volumes.
bigheart711

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
...But was Scrapped Princess (the novel series) really finished?
stevek504

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I am happy to see that more Chibi Vampire: The Novel is on the way. I enjoy them well enough that it will make it on my purchase list even if they don't finish printing all the novels. Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition is another story. I didn't own the manga, (but wanted it) so when the Ultimate Edition came out I jumped on it. The binding, the larger format, and the little extra they added all make it worth while - but not if it will never be completed. With ten or eleven more volumes to come, they would really need to print at least two a year. I almost sold the three volumes I have because I didn't think they would print any more (and the box set is on the way).

A side note: I liked their old web site better. You could see how many volumes were in a series - not just how many they had printed.
NekoYousei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quote
stevek504 wrote:
A side note: I liked their old web site better. You could see how many volumes were in a series - not just how many they had printed.

I miss their old site as well. I hate how they jumped on the forum/community stuff bandwagon. Sad The first time I saw the new site, I was SO confused! I didn't even know how to navigate! Anime cry
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:47 pm Reply with quote
bigheart711 wrote:
...But was Scrapped Princess (the novel series) really finished?

The manga was only 3 volumes, but the original series of novels is something around 13 volumes.

Kino's Journey is 12.

Good Witch of the West is 8.

Twelve Kingdoms looks to be about 6.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
What does the Trinity Blood volume 3 mean? I have volume 3 sitting on my shelf as we speak, and they've already released up to like volume 10....
NekoYousei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
What does the Trinity Blood volume 3 mean? I have volume 3 sitting on my shelf as we speak, and they've already released up to like volume 10....

I was wondering about that myself...maybe a another round of printing?
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:

In the article, "Trinity Blood volume 3" is referring to the Trinity Blood novel series Trinity Blood: Reborn on the Mars. Volume 3 of the novel series had been scheduled some time ago but slipped off the schedule because of the restructuring. The novel is now back on the schedule with an expected release in November.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I hope the entire Furuba series gets the hardcover treatment. It certainly deserves the honour. Very Happy
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quote
Where's BECK, damn it..
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
bigheart711 wrote:
That's what the hell I want to know. If tokyopop wants more customers back, then they better resume the LIFE series!

Amen! They need to explain themselves!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2