• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Robinho wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
Personally I don't like Kuroko or any of her shenanigans. The pyscho lesbians side character has been done to death, and she brings nothing new to the table. Oh look its the girl who is repeatedly told to her face Misaka doesn't swing that way to the point of violence and ignores it, while somehow chastising touma saying he does not understand her.

I also am in the group who would rather have season 3 of index, although I also believe there is no way in hell railgun would get a season 2 if they had no plans for 3. Obviously on a thread for railgun 2 you will have more proponents, but I get the general sense overall is the majority prefer Index over Railgun.

That said I love Misaka's character and she is under used in Index, so at least we get to see her more center stage, plus misaka imouto is also an awesome character so seeing more of her is also epic.

In short I want more index, but anything from Index universe is great. Although where are people getting raildex universe from, railgun is a spinoff, so I don't see how some people are trying to give it equal billing to Index. Its the Index universe period, and railgun is just part of it.

One other thing if you have such a hard on for Kurko's antics, you are looking at the wrong medium my friend, any one of the hundreds of misaka x kurko doujin will meet your needs; no need to was a non h show for that.

Don't you people have anything better to say other than things like "I want Index S3, not Railgun S2!" or "I hate Kuroko, she's annoying!" I too am looking forward to see Index S3 but unlike most of you, I'm also looking forward to see Railgun S2. And yeah, Kuroko is one annoying psycho lesbian and may not be on Mikoto's level but she is one of the respectable and even lovable characters in the series. This is a Railgun S2 thread, so why are you people even here acting like some 10-year-old kids wanting Index S3 and/or throwing a fit about Railgun and Kuroko?

Can you please actually read what I wrote before I commented? Yea I want Index over Railgun, and no I dont like Kurko, but in the end I did say I am fine with more railgun either way because anything from the Index universe is good.

And no for the record she is not lovable. Does she have her good points, yea, but her antics just really take away from her character. Her trying to hit on the mom just really made me facepalm. So is her attraction just appearance based? Neither is Index, but ever other female character in show minus Laura Stuart is probably likeable.

Last edited by CrownKlown on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrea1234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
Another Railgun with that annoying brat who just won't shut up despite her ear-deteriorating voice? No, thank you.

Robinho wrote:
And yeah, Kuroko is one annoying psycho lesbian and may not be on Mikoto's level but she is one of the respectable and even lovable characters in the series.

And water isn't wet.

This and Oreimo 2. Not touching.

Wow, you certainly act like some 10-year-old kid. Sorry if this thread took your candy away from you.

CrownKlown wrote:

Can you please actually read what I wrote before I commented? Yea I want Index over Railgun, and no I don't like Kurko, but in the end I did say I am fine with more railgun either way because anything from the Index universe is good.

Well I'm glad to know that. I appreciate it.
k2m2daryl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote
Sure a Railgun anime is fine and all but why not a 3rd Season of the Index series?!

It's f***ing WWIII for crying out loud! The most action packed arc ever!!!
Oh well. looks like we might have to wait 3-5 more years till they decide to do something else
Wellington

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:20 am Reply with quote
k2m2daryl wrote:
Sure a Railgun anime is fine and all but why not a 3rd Season of the Index series?!

Oh well. looks like we might have to wait 3-5 more years till they decide to do something else

I'm a Index/Railgun fan but I'm embarrassed that many Index fans here are acting like some big crybabies whining and complaining that they want Index 3 and showing total disrespect to Railgun and its sequel. Are all ANN/Index people here behave like this? C'mon people, grow up.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote
Goggled Anon wrote:

I'm a Index/Railgun fan but I'm embarrassed that many Index fans here are acting like some big crybabies whining and complaining that they want Index 3 and showing total disrespect to Railgun and its sequel. Are all ANN/Index people here behave like this? C'mon people, grow up.

>Robinho
>Goggled Anon

>when did ANN forums turn into /u/ name*** central?
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
lol, i just noticed that
that guy has made 1post since 2009

anyway, I can sum up the problem with rail gun easily

basically we get a B-rated sci-fi flick like eureka seven, then an overweight otaku pours 'moe' gravy all over it. so in the end we get all this skirt flipping and annoying kuroko. 'not that there is anything wrong with that' but it just didn't feel natural.
k2m2daryl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
Goggled Anon wrote:

Just going with the flow yo. (Not really angry about it.) I'm a big fan of both series too. Just wondering how long are they gonna make us wait till the WWIII arc since it might take 1 or 2 seasons till they reach it.

I just wanna see Birdway mess up Touma in animation. Twisted Evil
aereus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote
S2 was definitely an improvement over S1 for Index, but I still find Railgun the more interesting of the two. Touma's plot armor is just too unbelievable for how stupid he acts to most situations. He should already be dead multiple times over.

Whereas Misaka is actually a competent fighter. And while I know its not nearly as true in the manga for Railgun, I liked the teamwork involved in the Railgun anime. Everyone actually came in useful to varying degrees.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
lol, i just noticed that
that guy has made 1post since 2009

anyway, I can sum up the problem with rail gun easily

basically we get a B-rated sci-fi flick like eureka seven, then an overweight otaku pours 'moe' gravy all over it. so in the end we get all this skirt flipping and annoying kuroko. 'not that there is anything wrong with that' but it just didn't feel natural.

The over the top behavior by kuroko (and how did "Evil Psycho Lesbian" get watered down to "psycho lesbian" and then mis-applied to the Kuroko style trope?) and the skirt flipping is annoying, but what makes the series is the regular interaction between the four main characters. If the silly tropes are what it takes to sell the series to fanboys in Japan and get the series financed, well, I'll live with it.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:44 am Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
S2 was definitely an improvement over S1 for Index, but I still find Railgun the more interesting of the two. Touma's plot armor is just too unbelievable for how stupid he acts to most situations. He should already be dead multiple times over.

Whereas Misaka is actually a competent fighter. And while I know its not nearly as true in the manga for Railgun, I liked the teamwork involved in the Railgun anime. Everyone actually came in useful to varying degrees.

Competent fighter? No, she's literally classified as a one-man army. Or a living weapon of mass destruction. The fact that most anyone can develop ability with effort is what's amusing about the Raildex world.
underlock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 am Reply with quote
People annoyed because I think their little favourite anime sucks, hah. No wonder the internet is full of wannabe trolls with touchy people like you around.

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
it's the supporting characters that make up oreimo but i'm sure you posted that for bait, I hate kirino personally but the others are better.

Bait? What's the base behind that accusation? I just highlighted the 2 anime with my top 2 annoying characters, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Robinho wrote:
Wow, you certainly act like some 10-year-old kid. Sorry if this thread took your candy away from you.

Robinho wrote:
[...]Kuroko is one annoying psycho lesbian[...]

Saves me the trouble. Come on big man, you should know better than insult lesbians like this.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Competent fighter? No, she's literally classified as a one-man army. Or a living weapon of mass destruction. The fact that most anyone can develop ability with effort is what's amusing about the Raildex world.

Except is it so? Its seems more like most people who might be able to develop ability with effort have been collected in Academy City.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Its pretty irritating how Kuroko, who is a highly competent, very serious, law enforcement officer, gets labeled with "psycho lesbian" because she has the temerity to not be ashamed of her sexuality.

Yeah, she's kinda pushy and irritating, but she's not "psycho".
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
but then there is the boob grabbing in the shower, teleporting Mikoto's underwear off, ordering love potions, constant invasion of personal space, and other generally creepy actions. sure, she may not be a psycho, but she sure aint normal.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
k2m2daryl wrote:

while WWIII is one of the most awesome arcs ever with battle royale arc close behind it. it wouldnt pop up in Index3 thats definetly 4th season material or a whole seperate movie, with index 3 and 4 being novels 14-19 and ss2. i hope they do it that way honestly. but for now I've been dying for a secong season of railgun i cant wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8