• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: True Blood's Stephen Moyer Joins Priest Film Thriller

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
>_>

<__>

Dunno how people feel about True Blood but I'm near willing to see anything anyone from that show is in... Sans Anna Paquin, she's not that interesting.

Bummer that aside from TB, all Ryan Kwanten did was Dead Silence which sucked pretty hard.
miji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
^I love Anna Paquin! She is awesome. Though I agree that I would love to see the cast of TB in other things. That show rocks.

The cast for Priest gets more interesting with each announcement. Hope the movie turns out alright. Bettany is a great actor, but some of the movies he chooses are just...
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Stephen Moyer's in this? now i'm interested.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote
miji wrote:
^I love Anna Paquin! She is awesome. Though I agree that I would love to see the cast of TB in other things. That show rocks.

The cast for Priest gets more interesting with each announcement. Hope the movie turns out alright. Bettany is a great actor, but some of the movies he chooses are just...

It's not that I DISLIKE her... I just am not entirely interested in seeing her do something else besides TB as much as the rest of the cast.

Really, I haven't seen anything major in the castings for people besides Paquin. She's well known enough, let the others get a little bit of spotlight, especially Sam Trammel.

Sam Merlotte is easily my most favorite character on the show. I loved the big chunks of humor in last nights episode, especially with spoiler[Jason posing as the 'fake' dionysus].

Spoiler tags added. ~C
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Way to go Stephen Moyer! I guess he wants to do something different from True Blood. Not really interested in that show. I like vampires, don't get me wrong, but I err more on the dark and gothic type vampires, not the romantic ones.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:
Way to go Stephen Moyer! I guess he wants to do something different from True Blood. Not really interested in that show. I like vampires, don't get me wrong, but I err more on the dark and gothic type vampires, not the romantic ones.

It's not entirely romance, it's a pretty good dramedie more than anything else.

Like Six Feet Under but much funnier.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Sam Merlotte is easily my most favorite character on the show. I loved the big chunks of humor in last nights episode, especially with spoiler[Jason posing as the 'fake' dionysus.]

Okay uh, I know it's not anime, but could we avoid spoilers please and do like I've done to the quote! I haven't seen that episode yet.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, figured not many people cared/watched it. >_>;;
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Given that a) it's a pretty popular show and b) this thread concerns on of its actors, I think it's not exactly a stretch to think that people reading this thread would be fans of the show.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
I think the American entertainment industry is so desperate (As is the Japanese side of the entertainment industry) that Japans is willing to let Hollywood just about molest their select anime titles.[/u]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1