Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-08-12


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JacobC
ANN Contributor


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 3728
Location: SoCal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote
Hee hee, metafiction for the epic win. Laughing

Hey, if something pooped candy for me whenever I wanted it, I'd let it say whateeeever it wanted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Classic as in Abbott and Costello and "Who's on third?".

Now I'm curious to know how many are thinking to themselves "Who??!?.

Who is on first!

I don't know is on third!

Mad Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PingSoni
Subscriber



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Posts: 186
Location: Lansing MI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
Great punch line!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 6157
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote
Suddenly I'm reminded of that 'Pokemon' 'Ditto' but much more "moe".

Uggh. For a minute there I thought she was holding a fork but it's her tie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 3782
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Who is on first!
I don't know is on third!
Mad Rolling Eyes

SPOILER!!!
Evil or Very Mad

Razz

*sigh*

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag, my question's become moot. It's okay, though. I've already forgotten what we were talking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nagato316



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 306
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Comedy like this never gets old, despite being "tired". A show within a strip mocking itself. Classic.


Indeed. Nothing like the "play within a play" element (thank you, senior-high-school-year Development of Western Thought class, for epoxying that phrase to my brain for eternity) to bring the funny. Well played, Robin.

PetrifiedJello wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
Who is on first!
I don't know is on third!
Mad Rolling Eyes

SPOILER!!!
Evil or Very Mad

Razz

*sigh*

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag, my question's become moot. It's okay, though. I've already forgotten what we were talking about.


Who's on first. Guess Who's on second. And can someone tell me the third act?...Yes! ("Well, who?" "No, Who's on _first_!!")

I'll take Obscure Classic Rock Bands for $1000, Alex. Anime hyper (BTW I realize the Who are not obscure.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stopher87



Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 75
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I refute your argument thus, "myoop"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuelLadyS



Joined: 17 Mar 2006
Posts: 1705
Location: WA state
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:
I'll take Obscure Classic Rock Bands for $1000, Alex. Anime hyper (BTW I realize the Who are not obscure.)


What's the group on stage?
Who.
The group on stage!
Who.
The group on stage!!
Who.
*sigh* Do you see the band on stage?!
No, they're playing later, right now we're listening to Who!
That's what I'm asking you!

I miss Animaniacs. Laughing

Anyway- the 1-word rule does not apply to mascots, I say! (And great comic!)


Last edited by DuelLadyS on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
joshuafer



Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 262
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I was reminded of the Mone character from Yumeria, I totally forgot about Pokemon ! How could I do such a thing ?!?! Anyways, keep em rolling, and thanks again for another funny strip. I too forgot about Myoopi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mohawk52



Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 8193
Location: England, UK
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Myoopi agrees too. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nagato316



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 306
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:

What's the group on stage?
Who.
The group on stage!
Who.
The group on stage!!.
Who.
*sigh* Do you see The Band on stage?!
No, they're playing later, right now we're listening to Who!
That's what I'm asking you!

I miss Animaniacs. Laughing


OMG...I actually forgot about that bit with Slappy Squirrel and her...I wanna say nephew? Thanks for the flashback.

announcer: And now...Janis Joplin!
*offscreen...typical Janis Joplin caterwauling from stage*
Slappy: Oops...someone just ran over the cat!

This has been the ANN tribute to Woodstock. We now return to the Anime News Nina feedback, already in progress. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Showsni



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 641
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
malik_chan wrote:
Pikachu, pika, pika. Chuuuuuu!!!


See, that's three lines Pikachu says, proving, I say proving he's not a one-line creature.


He can even say Ash's and Misty's names!

Pika-pi = Satoshi
Pika-chu-pi = Kasumi
Pi-pi-pi = Togepi

And maybe others, but I'm not going to learn pokémon. It's bad enough knowing Furbish.
Kah way-loh koh-koh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Youkai Warrior



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 505
Location: Sarayashiki
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:
DuelLadyS wrote:

What's the group on stage?
Who.
The group on stage!
Who.
The group on stage!!.
Who.
*sigh* Do you see The Band on stage?!
No, they're playing later, right now we're listening to Who!
That's what I'm asking you!

I miss Animaniacs. Laughing


OMG...I actually forgot about that bit with Slappy Squirrel and her...I wanna say nephew? Thanks for the flashback.

announcer: And now...Janis Joplin!
*offscreen...typical Janis Joplin caterwauling from stage*
Slappy: Oops...someone just ran over the cat!

This has been the ANN tribute to Woodstock. We now return to the Anime News Nina feedback, already in progress. Smile


That was one of my favorite episode of Slappy and Skippy Squirrel! DuelLadyS thanks for the falshback! Razz And yes, nagato316, that is Slappy's nephew. Thank you for the Janis bit. Slappy was so funny!

Good one this week Robin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
belvadeer





PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh ouch, burn Anime hyper
Back to top
egoist



Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Posts: 7762
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting a follow up for that, but the surprise plus the humor made a nice combo. Looking forward for the next.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group