• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, October 15-21

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scineram

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
No, just you are.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
How dare I be incensed that a bad show is selling more than a vastly superior one! I should obviously silence my opinions on a public forum.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope those numbers are enough to give YRYR that third season.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope Humanity Has Declined will get enough sales for a second season. I really enjoyed it and would love to see more.
fredex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

me too XP
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
ryanvamp wrote:
Even if I watched it and thought it was clearly bad, I'm still surprised at Zetman's sales.

Now I wonder what will be the producer's thoughts about this:

*It failed big time cause it's a shonen-esque seinen. Not enough moe, little girls, etc.
*It failed because it was uninteresting, a narrative mess and very unfaithful to the source material.

I'd be inclined to think its the former... these really violent shows like that always do bad. Sure, theres different levels of bad (like Mirai Nikki averaging 1.5k, Deadman Wonderland and Blood-C both selling under 1k, Another selling about 2k), but the fact is that really bloody and violent shows just don't sell in Japan. Quality may have to do with it not selling over 1k, but I feel that the ultra violence hurt it more than any quality could have overall.

Yeah, most Japanese otaku are spineless, especially the hikikomori.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Is there enough manga content to adapt for a third season? Granted they could make up original stuff for the most of it. I wonder if Houbunsha would want to get in the action as well and get one of their Tsubomi titles adapted.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
>YuruYuri is at the top
>Humanity Has Declined isn't

Gott ist töt.

my German is rusty what is tot

also is yuri yuri actually a good show?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
"Töt" is "dead".

And no, YY is not a good show. Unless you like yuri. And even then it's not that good.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
It's just a silly school comedy show with no point. And there is no yuri in it other than some cheek smooching.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
"Töt" is "dead".

And no, YY is not a good show. Unless you like yuri. And even then it's not that good.

Well, I find it very amusing and would desire to see more of it so I'm glad it looks like it's churned a profit given my assumption of its likely animation/promotion budget.

Also glad to see more Five Star Stories selling, too bad it's 23 years too late to make a second film using the same team as the first. And I wouldn't want to see a reboot/remake unless it adhered to that 80s style, 80s color palatte, and added in the faux grain, everything Gothicmade looks like it won't be doing. Sentai/ADV still holds the DVD license, I wonder if it would even be possible for them to release the BD, even if it remains unsubbed. If not, give to someone who still cares like Discotek.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh thank you great master for opening my eyes! Thank you for teaching me yuri is ewwy!

It's a comedy. It's funny. If it doesn't tickle your funnybone that's fine, but don't pretend your tastes are objective. Oh, and the quote is "God is dead", not "God is thunder". Watch your umlauts.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
ryanvamp wrote:
Even if I watched it and thought it was clearly bad, I'm still surprised at Zetman's sales.

Now I wonder what will be the producer's thoughts about this:

*It failed big time cause it's a shonen-esque seinen. Not enough moe, little girls, etc.
*It failed because it was uninteresting, a narrative mess and very unfaithful to the source material.

I'd be inclined to think its the former... these really violent shows like that always do bad. Sure, theres different levels of bad (like Mirai Nikki averaging 1.5k, Deadman Wonderland and Blood-C both selling under 1k, Another selling about 2k), but the fact is that really bloody and violent shows just don't sell in Japan. Quality may have to do with it not selling over 1k, but I feel that the ultra violence hurt it more than any quality could have overall.

They should really consider marketing these to Western markets. The West tend not to be averse to some bit of ultra-violence. Laughing

walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Also glad to see more Five Star Stories selling, too bad it's 23 years too late to make a second film using the same team as the first.

AFAIK, Nagano didn't very much like the film, so he has no love lost for that team.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
AFAIK, Nagano didn't very much like the film, so he has no love lost for that team.

A control freak like him will never like anything unless he's fully in charge of every aspect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2