• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Rock Shooter Anime with Yutaka Yamamoto Confirmed for Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

no matter how it turns out tho, this miku fad needs to die

You obviously haven't played Project Diva. Razz

Greatest fun I've had with a music game in a while! There's just...something so sweet giving Miku a poppy dance routine while getting her to lip sync to Tom Waits... Laughing
sash2501

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
Oh. It finally happened. I wonder how this will turn out; will it be musically driven in a good way, musically driven in a bad way -- i.e. the anime turns into a giant commercial -- or will it be musically driven at all (in which case I don't know what to expect)?

I expect the leek will feature prominently Razz
anything like lucky star and it will be a big commerciall.

Wow, a random hater of Hatsune Miku. You know Miku will be popular for a long time, so don't be a loser.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote
sash2501 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
Oh. It finally happened. I wonder how this will turn out; will it be musically driven in a good way, musically driven in a bad way -- i.e. the anime turns into a giant commercial -- or will it be musically driven at all (in which case I don't know what to expect)?

I expect the leek will feature prominently Razz

Wow, a random hater of Hatsune Miku. You know Miku will be popular for a long time, so don't be a loser.

So not liking something that's in right now makes you a loser? This is news to me.

In any case, I facepalmed upon seeing this. Black Rock Shooter did not need an anime. It didn't even need an OVA. It just looked...really dumb. So it's a popular song, big whoop. Doesn't need a show. Instead of actually making a Vocaloid anime, they're making this. What. A. Shame.

Call me when they make an actual Vocaloid anime.
Mixie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
People seem to be forgetting that BRS is NOT Miku Hatsune. Miku does not exist in the BRS universe.

People also seem to be forgetting that BRS has an actual story and is just not a song. She has a fleshed out world and personality. She existed before the Miku song :]
sash2501

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quote
Hopefully there will be Miku anime, as well.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

DIE MIKU! DIE!

Altorrin wrote:
So not liking something that's in right now makes you a loser? This is news to me.

In any case, I facepalmed upon seeing this. Black Rock Shooter did not need an anime. It didn't even need an OVA. It just looked...really dumb. So it's a popular song, big whoop. Doesn't need a show. Instead of actually making a Vocaloid anime, they're making this. What. A. Shame.

Call me when they make an actual Vocaloid anime.

So.. not liking something means it shouldn't exist?

sash2501 wrote:
Hopefully there will be Miku anime, as well.

I think a Miku anime should be the "light" counterpart to BRS's "dark", lol. Like a slice-of-life Luck Star-ish, Hidamari Sketch-ish show featuring Nedroid / SD chars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDyUqvp7Uak
Mixie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 am Reply with quote
Directly taken from somewhere else where I had this discussion about a Vocaloid anime :

I think the problem with having a Vocaloid anime is that it gives the vocaloids a SET personality. One of the charming features of them is they can be put in any situation and be adjusted to match whatever is going on. I feel like it would be a creativity stunter for anyone who tries to do something too off base after the anime aired.

I like them with any personality you want to give! D:
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Mixie wrote:
People seem to be forgetting that BRS is NOT Miku Hatsune. Miku does not exist in the BRS universe.

People also seem to be forgetting that BRS has an actual story and is just not a song. She has a fleshed out world and personality. She existed before the Miku song :]

You're the second person to say this and the second person to fail to back it up. Doesn't anyone have a source of information for BRS? Everything I've read says that BRS is huke's dark re-imagining of Miku. There has to be an English website out there somewhere for the "BRS universe". The only art I'm finding of other characters are fan art.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Mixie wrote:

You're the second person to say this and the second person to fail to back it up. Doesn't anyone have a source of information for BRS? Everything I've read says that BRS is huke's dark re-imagining of Miku. There has to be an English website out there somewhere for the "BRS universe". The only art I'm finding of other characters are fan art.

Emerje

The artist Huke who came up with the design for Black Rock Shooter had conceptual art for her that predates Hatsune Miku (who was created by an entirely different person, Kei), but for the final production design, modified her to resemble Miku. If they wanted to present BRS as Miku, cosplaying or acting out an alternate personality they could have. But they (Supercell or any group associated with the franchise) simply never presented her in that manner, or gave any indication of doing so. So for the record BRS is BRS and Hatsune Miku is a vocaloid and virtual pop idol: 2 entirely different characters.

You asked for source info, there's plenty of interesting info and comments by the better informed over at www.sankakucomplex.com (warning: NSFW website, view only in private) Thanks Emerje for reminding me.

I love both btw ^_^

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Past, that's more or less what I wanted to hear. Though they may be presented as two different characters I can't really think why huke would redesign BRS to look more like Miku if he wasn't trying to make some sort of connection between the two. It comes across much more like an alternate reality versions of the same character rather than Miku playing a character.

And your link should probably have a "NSFW" warning. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
championferret

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Mixie wrote:
Directly taken from somewhere else where I had this discussion about a Vocaloid anime :

I think the problem with having a Vocaloid anime is that it gives the vocaloids a SET personality. One of the charming features of them is they can be put in any situation and be adjusted to match whatever is going on. I feel like it would be a creativity stunter for anyone who tries to do something too off base after the anime aired.

I like them with any personality you want to give! D:

I agree, but I think it would be possible to make an anime like this. Every episode could be in a different 'universe', for example.
Personally I'd like to see a Vocaloid anime that's like Hetalia (as in a 5mins per episode web-cast); either similar to the Chibi Miku-san comics, or as said, with a different 'universe' per episode, similar to the Hatsune Mix manga. That way there can be as many different 'imaginings' of the characters as there are episodes in the series, and it could actually further encourage the fans to create even more.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I just listened to the song. Hopefully someone else will sing it. (I've been pampered by Kokia and now this song and Miku gave me a headache.)

The program was great but a human interpretation would sound better imo.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Why don't we all just...you know, stop the senseless SHIT THROWING! and just calm down, and FRAKKING GET ALONG!!!

Talk about pleasant stuff, and not call each other names! Like say, Miku lip synching to Tom Waits, Weird Al, or better yet, Zlad!

... +

=

Epic win?
ChibiAnon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
DIE MIKU! DIE!

Thats not miku... thats Kagami...

Also surprised @ random Kodmut pic
jeroz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I just listened to the song. Hopefully someone else will sing it. (I've been pampered by Kokia and now this song and Miku gave me a headache.)

There had already been numerous reinterpretation versions from human singers already floating on niconico douga.
Personally I felt this song is a bit generic and too anime-ish so not a big fan of the song myself.

hikaru004 wrote:
The program was great but a human interpretation would sound better imo.

I hope this statement only aim at BRS, not all miku songs in general.
only say something like that if you found a great human interpretation of "the disappearance of Hatsune Miku", or any fast song composed by cosmo. Until then, please don't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3