• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds RH Plus Vampire Boys-Love Drama

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Will you stop with the hating? Ok, so you don't like yaoi/BL/yuri or vampires and you think homosexuality is wrong. We get it. This is supposed to be a thread about a show that people who do like those things might be interested in, not a showcase for your personal beliefs.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Will you stop with the hating? Ok, so you don't like yaoi/BL/yuri or vampires and you think homosexuality is wrong. We get it. This is supposed to be a thread about a show that people who do like those things might be interested in, not a showcase for your personal beliefs.

THANK YOU.
If you don't like it,don't watch it.
That being said, shounen ai + vampires= a definite must watch for me,being the yaoi and yuri lover that I am. Anime smallmouth

Quote:
Tch, gay vampires shacked up together in a classy manor? three words: Shameless. Cheap. Fanservice.

I'm so in.

...You just officially made my day. Laughing
care2care

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Thank you very much Pocky Monster and rinmackie. I really don't understand why someone who has made it clear that they dislike BL/yaoi would continue posting in a thread about a BL show. We get the point the first time, ya know. Couldn't they talk about how much they hate shonen-ai with their friends on a different thread or something? Sheesh!

I know that "gay vampires" isn't the newest idea out there (*cough*Interview With A Vampire*cough*) but I have to say, this drama looks a little interesting. I've never seen a live-action Boys' Love show before.

I guess it's one of those things where you can say "only in Japan"
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
The_X_box_360 wrote:
filthy-sex-crazed, taboo-love-obsessed, repulsive-fetish-addicted, pedophilia-engaged
Well, I'm not sure what else CR is showing these days but if you're looking for the above here, I'm guessing you'll be sorely disappointed. So anyway, this is one of those lower-budget half-hour dramas, right? With the, um, less-experienced "ikemen" actors? I can't bring myself to watch these types of dramas, BL or not, because of that. The acting quality is usually... not to my liking. Add to that the "fanservice-but-not-quite" aspect that some of these shows have-- I guess I'd rather just read a BL manga, y'know? Or maybe I just hate being teased. Laughing
care2care wrote:
I've never seen a live-action Boys' Love show before.
As an aside, if you're interested in shounen-ai dramas (as opposed to movies, which are more numerous), might I recommend Battery? It's rather sweet, about two boys (a pitcher and a catcher, hold your jokes) who learn to trust each other through baseball, and-- blah blah blah-- anyway, you can view it as friendship but it's pretty obviously intended to be "read into." Someone recommended it to me earlier this year and at first I was like, eh, baseball? *yawn* but I gave it a chance and it was actually a pretty nice little story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
The_X_box_360 wrote:
Quote:
filthy-sex-crazed, taboo-love-obsessed, repulsive-fetish-addicted, pedophilia-engaged

This is what yaoi is actually (at times). I watch the site for the anime so I don't watch to watch this.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
Maybe you don't but other people do. No one's forcing you to watch it or to post here but for some reason you insist on trolling.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote
Yes, I do keep insist on trolling. However, for those that want to watch this, happy viewing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2