• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Discotek Media Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:27 am Reply with quote
@Kruszer

It might be your player. My player purges all information whenever the drawer is opened. Also, it is not getting information from the net as it is not connected.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:09 am Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1501842229844866&id=147168055312297
Quote:
We had to make some changes to the release schedule and added more titles to January.

January 10th
Lupin the 3rd Series 2 box 1 DVD collection

January 31st
Cosmo Warrior Zero DVD collection
Galaxy Railways DVD
Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road DVD collection
Eat Man 98 DVD collection
Magic Knight Rayearth Blu Ray collection
Beelzebub part 2 DVD collection

The Star Fleet collection and the School Days Blu Ray had to be moved back to February due to unforeseen circumstances. More February titles will be scheduled soon.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 pm Reply with quote
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:11 am Reply with quote
Excellent! Kyousogiga indeed exists! I do like that Discotek at least updates us to let us know that things will be existing at some point in time (unlike certain companies who license my Rose of Versailles manga and have kept us in the dark for well over a year, and the frustration that has come with it for me).

And for anyone who hasn't seen Key the Metal Idol, it's really awesome, do pick it up. Just be prepared to snicker a bit whenever a scene takes place in a VHS rental shop (on the basis that a VHS rental shop exists in this series and everyone takes it seriously). My, how some things unexpectedly age poorly.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I'd forgotten that DiscoTek had licenses Key the Metal Idol or maybe I never knew in the first place.

Regardless, I recommend it as well. I doubt that I'll replace my old Viz release, but I'm glad that it's available again. I consider the first thirteen episodes to be remarkable and very engaging. It was uncommonly abstract and ambitious for its era. The series also has a very strong sense of mood and good characterization that sometimes defies or subverts expectation. Key's story takes on a very intense feel toward the end of the first thirteen episodes. I consider the final two episodes, which are film length, to be drastically less good, especially the part of episode fourteen that is literally two characters sitting on a bench explaining the plot, but they don't invalidate the strong lead-up. I do wish that it had climaxed with something as good as what it felt like it was building to.

I very definitely need to watch Key the Metal Idol again.

A few years ago I feverishly hunted for the last Media Blasters release of Magic Knight Rayearth. If only I had been far more patient, because this is doubtless a very excellent release.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:16 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
And for anyone who hasn't seen Key the Metal Idol, it's really awesome, do pick it up

Surrender Artist wrote:
I very definitely need to watch Key the Metal Idol again.

I humbly second both of these points.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:16 am Reply with quote
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see a release date for Kyousogiga! I may pre-order it at some point this week.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 am Reply with quote
Ultra Maniac? That one came out of nowhere. A little something to look for then.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
Aww, man, I remember watching Fighting Foodons! When it was on Fox Kids and man do I feel old now!

I don't remember a whole lot, but it's like, first there's a cooking show, then they use these talisman things to turn their dishes into Pokemon and have them fight. So I don't remember if there was a taste test to see who had the best dish, or if they just went Pokemon on it.

I guess next I'd expect them to get Shinzo (Mushrambo) or Mon Colle Knights or something. Of course, if we're talking about shows that a lot of people probably really want that's older with a dub seriously why have they not gotten any Zoids yet?
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I would love if they got Shinzo/Mushrambo!
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Have some curiosity for the Crusher Joe movie and have interest in possibly snagging it. Will wait on Rightstuf having it for pre-order since I can get it cheaper that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 29