• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Discotek Media Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Discotek just announced some titles they've snagged up for release next year via their Facebook page...
Quote:

Iria the animation complete series. This will have improved video quality. It will have the English dub and Japanese with English subs.

Quote:
Yowamushi Pedal series 1 and series 2 Grande Road. They will have Japanese language with English subtitles.

Quote:
Toei's classic Little Mermaid! It will include the Japanese with English subtitles and the English dub.

Quote:
Go Nagai World. First release in the US! It will have Japanese language with English subtitles.

Quote:
Lupin the 3rd Jigen's Gravestone on DVD and Blu Ray! This will be our first title to have a brand new English dub! It will also include Japanese with English subtitles.

And apparently they have more big releases to announce that they will unveil next month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
oh wow, lookin' forward to the other announcements as well!

Happy to see that one of my all time favorite character designs is finally getting some more love in R1.

and Yowamushi is now on my pre-order list. Way to go Discotek!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:56 am Reply with quote
Yowamushi is not my cup of tea, but I like fact that Discotek is also willing to go after newer titles.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
via Discotek Media FB page
Quote:
Updated release schedule for the next few months:

January 27th 2015

Comic Party original series DVD collection (Japanese with English subs and English dub)

Jin Roh Blu Ray (Japanese with English subs and English dub)

Lupin the 3rd Napoleon's Dictionary DVD (Japanese with English subs, Mike Toole and Daryl Surat commentary)

February 24th 2015

Violence Jack complete collection DVD (Japanese with English subs and English dub)

Samurai Troopers 11 episode OVA DVD collection (Japanese with English subs and Ronin Warriors dub)

Flame of Recca complete TV series DVD collection (English dub and Japanese with English subs)

March 24th 2015

Bokurano complete series DVD collection (Japanese with English subs)

March 31st 2015

Chi's Sweet Home complete series DVD collection (Japanese with English subtitles)

Love Com anime series DVD thin pack collection (Japanese with English subs)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
So Discotek is going to make Litebox versions of previously released TV shows available. Interesting. I already find their prices incredibly reasonable, but hey, I never turn down an opportunity to save even more when possible.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Other titles: Monster Farm subbed version maybe April or likely May. Cagliostro Blu Ray the goal is no later than May we are adding more extras then originally planned. Samurai Troopers TV will be April. Later this week covers will be posted.

---EDIT---

Quote:
we are still working on clearing the Ronin Warriors TV that will be a separate release if cleared

via Discotek Media FB page (Monster Farm)
Quote:
April or May. This is still the work in progress cover

This is the Japanese language with English subtitled version complete series

Quote:
Ceres complete series work in progress cover probably May release

This will have Japanese with English subs and English dub
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Discotek's gone on a licensing binge. Here's their latest announcements via their Facebook page...
Quote:

We will start with the newer ones first! Earl and Fairy Complete series Japanese language, English subtitled.

Quote:
Shining Tears X Wind complete series Japanese language, English subtitles

Quote:
Arpeggio of Blue Steel complete TV series. Japanese language, English subtitles.

Quote:
Galilei Donna complete series Japanese language, English subtitles

Quote:

Seha Girls (Sega Hard Girls) complete series

Quote:
Strike the Blood complete series Japanese language English subs

Quote:

Recently, My Sister is Unusual complete TV series. Japanese language with English subs.

Quote:
Free! Iwatobi Swim Club complete season 1. This will be the Japanese language version with English subtitles on DVD. There may be an English dubbed version released in the future after this subtitled edition is out. No details yet on the possible dubbed version or who will release it yet.

For the above titles, Discotek and Crunchyroll are partnering up to release them onto DVD later this year. Moving on to older titles...

Quote:
Finally we can announce the one title we have been chasing for years! Robot Carnival! It will include the Japanese language with English subtitles and the English dub.

Quote:
Street Fighter II USA Network TV series. No art yet so here’s a couple of screen shots!

Quote:
Street Fighter II the theatrical movie! On DVD and Blu Ray. Details to be announced later.

Quote:
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. DVD and Blu Ray! The goal is to release both this year. Full details to be released later.

Quote:
Night Warriors (Darkstalkers) complete anime OVA series! It will include the Japanese language with English subtitles and the English dub.

Quote:
Night on the Galactic Railroad! The plan is to release this year on DVD and later on Blu Ray. Japanese with English subtitles and the English dub.

These guys are on a roll! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I'll be picking up Arpeggio and Robot Carnival for sure. No interest in any of the rest of the new stuff. May pick up some of the older stuff eventually.

Quite a lot of titles to announce at once. Wonder if this means the Sentai/Crunchyroll relationship won't be as strong now?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Whohoo! Someone finally got Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Strike the Blood, I'll definitely pick those up. Cool

Sucks that they're not dubbing them though. Sad
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
I hope Bloodlust is an actual film transfer. I say that because the recent Urusei Yatsura Beautiful Dreamer BD is a worthless garbage upscale, and it's cropped! Talk about a waste of excitement. The Robot Carnival nab is nice, especially being dual-audio.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a day to be a classic anime fan. Discotek is making a lot of fans happy today. I can't remember seeing this many epic announcements in a single day, let alone by the same company. The holy trinity of Robot Carnival, Night on the Galactic Railroad, and VHD: Bloodlust.....looks like I'll be able to check a few things off my ultimate dream list!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote
Not sure I'd put those those three in a trinity, they might have their own trinities unto themselves though: Robot Carnival with Neo-Tokyo and Memories, VHD:Bloodlust with VHD and Cyber City OEDO 808 (mainly because of the third episode), and Galactic Railroad with the GE999 movies, or maybe with Spring and Chaos and Bungaku Shoujo.

Speaking of some of those, they'd also do well to get some BDs, especially OEDO and Neo-Tokyo.
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
Can't say I'm really into most of those titles, but if they bring them money, great. I'll definitely grab Robot Carnival and Night on the Galactic Railroad, maybe Free! as well.

I'm much more interested in what they might have in mind for the pre-order system if that ever happens.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's an amazingly long list. It must mean that Discotek is in healthy shape, which is great. As I've said before, the thing I love about Discotek is that just the fact of their existence means that virtually no anime title - no matter how old - is off the table either for a first time release or a license rescue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 29