• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Delays Several November-January Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I still wonder when they will release Fujiko Mine on DVD

assuming that all of the BD's volumes have now been released in Japan, mid spring, early summer would be a good guess.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
you want to watch an anime movie to decide if you want to buy the series or not? i'm not sure what you are smoking but you should stop.
Mad
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:

assuming that all of the BD's volumes have now been released in Japan, mid spring, early summer would be a good guess.

I think that Fujiko was released last month (or August?) in Japan as a boxed set.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:

Looking forward to the eventual blu-ray for that myself, the eps I saw were pretty gorgeous.
Kenpachi 91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Damn. My wait for Black Lagoon on BD has now been extended....
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
At least the Tenchi OVAs weren't delayed too far. From December 4th to December 18th. At least they'll still be released before Christmas, and hence I still have a Christmas gift for my brother. Anime hyper I'm a happy camper.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
And sadly no mention of BL: Roberta's Blood Trail. What the hell happened to that title?

wonderwomanhero wrote:

The answer I've heard for both of these is "Spring of next year".
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Perhaps I have a very sinister mind, but hasn't anyone wondered if FUNi delayed these titles to be closer or coincide with some of Sentai's high profile releases (Ninja Scroll, Penguin Drum, Qwaser no Stigmata and Bodacious Space Pirates)? It is not like if FUNi was still working on dubbing Black Lagoon and Tenchi Muyo.

If this were true, I would not blame FUNi. This is a business, and they should be competitive.

Actually considering Funi's comments in the past about not wanting to flood the market, one would think they would be less likely to do that. Entertainment companies generally attempt to avoid releasing major titles at the same time as each other. Sure you may steal some sales, but you will also likely lose some, especially in a niche market like anime. Fans only have so much money, which they seem less and less willing to part with these days. Loading up certain weeks with multiple large titles isn't a good business practice for anyone.

Usually, it seems that Sentai and Funimation attempt to avoid scheduling major release during the same weeks, whether that is coincidence or not is hard to tell. I have a feeling the delays have more to do with the fact that several major release from the large Hollywood studios are being replicated at this time, and smaller companies like Funi are being forced to wait to have their discs produced. A lot of smaller home video companies delay releases during the late fall and early winter.
King_Burgerking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
If anyone did rage about this, that'd just be pathetic. Most of these just got pushed back a month at the latest.

Most of the stuff I wanted or ordered didn't get pushed back that far so whatever, Im cool

Well shit, sorry you guys don't have friends that you were buying these things for. I mean it's not like a december 4th release date being switched to January 15th is a big difference or anything.

Even ignoring the massive inconvenience of this, funimation is just having a bad track record of screwing over their customers all around this year. Hopefully 2013 will be different.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
As sad as delays are, it is not like Funimation is not releasing anything at all this month.

Index and Steins;Gate are both coming out this month. Probably other stuff too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4