• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Ninja's Share

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Policenauts in English is definitely the shock of the day in gaming news. I spent WAY too much time on Persona 3: FES and I can't imagine how much more time I would have put into it if there was a female character as well. It looks like a very nice port but I think the female character and what her side entails is going to make or break the purchasing decision for fans who have played either P3 or FES.

I have a question about Ninja Destiny 2 and Naruto games in general. I found it interesting in that in the interview Mr. Jones stated that Naruto games here in the US have an issue of jumping the hurdle when it comes to characters cause they've had to keep in line with the where the show was here and not in Japan. According to him this is no longer the case now with the streaming services. If this is so, why did they not just skip 2 and release 3? Especially by now the vast majority of fans know about Kakuzu and Hidan as well other characters to come as well as jutsu to boot. I think I speak for several fans but I for one will not purchase it simply because it's not far enough in the storyline. Most characters are "new" only in the sense that they've grown up. I'll admit that I'm a little impatient but it's been a good 3-4 years since Kakuzu and Hidan popped up and it's about damn time they got solid representation (they seemed neutered in the Wii game) along with Naruto, Deidara, and a few others. Clearly they're gonna make us wait for a new console generation before we even get the likes of spoiler[Pain and Killer Bee.] I just think those who make these games are hurting themselves and gamers alike by not keeping up with either the anime or the manga. Sorry if the thoughts seem a bit jumbled but I'm pretty sure the moment a robust roster of characters post-Kakuzu and Hidan show up it will sell above and beyond anything that went up to just the Sasuke Rescue Arc (which was done horribly in the anime anyway).
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Hurrah for more Naruto Shippūden games coming out. When one finally hits the tv console my Dad will be happy. He doesn't watch the anime, or read the manga but he likes fighting games and the Naruto ones amuse him to no end, what with Sexy Jutsu, "scary little girls" (inner Sakura scares him he claims), and as he likes to say, "Sh^*ing logs" (Substitute jutsu). Shippūden will be a bonus for him because he says he always feels so guilty beating the crap out of little 12 year olds that made up most of the cast of the earlier games.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Odin Sphere definitely was a melancholic game, but I did like the whole setup of the prophecy and the 5 heroes. Some scenes really did bring a tear to my eye, particularly the final book. Muramasa, according to RPGFan, has a drip-dry story that won't get your attention the way Odin Sphere did, but the artwork and battles are crazy good. I'll be holed up with Mana Khemia 2 in the meantime though.
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Have any of the North American Naruto games had an option to switch to Japanese audio, even as an unlockable?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
ReiClone88 wrote:
Have any of the North American Naruto games had an option to switch to Japanese audio, even as an unlockable?

The Ubisoft game Naruto: The Broken Bond has both English and Japanese options from the begining, but I don't know if it counts since it isn't an original Japanese game.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quote
I've always been interested in at least trying out Policenauts and Snatcher since they get referenced in Metal Gear a fair amount. The music for the games is interesting if nothing else.

Also, I didn't realize the new Soul Calibur was out so soon. I was going to pass since I have SC4 for the PS3, but then they went and added Kratos. I fear that he'd rip my arms off if I didn't get it.
Shirogane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote
That Muramasa game looks great. If I wasn't addicted to Persona 3 FES (yes, I am currently playing that, a little late to the party) and didn't have Mana Khemia 2 to play next, I'd be getting it.

I would be curious as to how they would change the storyline and social links to reflect a female main character in Persona 3, but since I am playing so recently, I'd probably wait a little while before getting it.
sfried

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2