• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Black Lagoon GN 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Njr Resurrection

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Is this new arc really about Revy? Its more Roberta is the leading lady, with Fabiola and Garcia co-starring along with the Lagooners & other regulars.

I think Rei Hiroe had a partial writer's block for the story narrative, concentrated more on art & squirmed his way through.

Perhaps the 3rd anime show version will be more evenly told, giving Miss Rebecca & co. more to do.
Its interesting that the first 2 anime seasons re-arranged the manga stories. Who would have preferred the manga mixture over what was decided for the anime?
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
It's the arc where spoiler[Roberta goes nutso after her employer and savoir is killed in a bomb blast, where she goes after a US Special Forces group that she thinks is responsible for the murder. And the Black Lagoon gang try to mitigate the bloodshed. Also, we get to see Roberta's implied drug problem and her going off the deep end.]

It actually get's better in the long run, but the "prelude to the battle" part does serve a logical purpose.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Has this arc reached its end yet in Monthly Sunday GX? After reading some of the later chapter titles it looks like it has been dragging on for quite sometime? Should we be expecting this to be the final arc in the Black Lagoon series?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1