• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Bandai to Make Sailor Moon Figures Again

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I'd prefer if they were static pose ones. I'm not a big fan of figma style figures.

See, I'm the exact opposite. I reckon that if I'm going to buy a toy, I'd better be able to play with it.

Hope that they make some of the others. That's a sure-fire way to get my money.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
I'd prefer if they were static pose ones. I'm not a big fan of figma style figures.

See, I'm the exact opposite. I reckon that if I'm going to buy a toy, I'd better be able to play with it.

Hope that they make some of the others. That's a sure-fire way to get my money.

There's the difference in perception. You see a toy, I see a collectible. You see it as something to play with, I see it as something to put on my shelves and people best keep their hands off it. So, that's in large part why I prefer static figures. Less joints to break, and since I'm not going to take it and move it around anyways, the appeal of a figma just isn't there.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

There's the difference in perception. You see a toy, I see a collectible. You see it as something to play with, I see it as something to put on my shelves and people best keep their hands off it. So, that's in large part why I prefer static figures. Less joints to break, and since I'm not going to take it and move it around anyways, the appeal of a figma just isn't there.

I guess I can see where you're coming from, as I build model kits, and much of the time, when I'm finished working on them, I don't tend to touch them much afterwards. But it just seems to me that there's a lot more value in something that you can move and pose (AKA play) with than a fixed statue or a pre-painted figure.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the new figures. I hope they make them over here too.

There's a chance they might. The Shinken Red and Shinken Gold Figuarts were released in the US through Toys 'Я' Us outlets (pricetag $35, still better than importing), complete with the original Japanese packaging (including the characters' Japanese names, in English. Poor American kids are probably wondering why Jayden and Antonio are 'mislabeled' as Takeru and Genta). I've also heard that NYCC had Zyuuranger/MMPR, Goseiger/Megaforce, and Gokaiger Figuarts on display.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

I guess I can see where you're coming from, as I build model kits, and much of the time, when I'm finished working on them, I don't tend to touch them much afterwards. But it just seems to me that there's a lot more value in something that you can move and pose (AKA play) with than a fixed statue or a pre-painted figure.

I personally don't like the visual of a jointed doll. But I like the idea of posing one. Along the same sense, I love figurines for display as well. You both have good points.

;___; ooooohhh, I'm so excited.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
And now the inevitable hilarious cross over photos begin.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quote
I found more detailed photos here, if anyone's still interested in looking at them (not sure if anyone saw it).

I wanted to get the SD version of Sailor Moon, but I don't really like how the face was painted. Seemed low-quality, IMO. The other ones, however, look pretty good.

Oh well, still don't mind the wait.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
I found more detailed photos here, if anyone's still interested in looking at them (not sure if anyone saw it).

I wanted to get the SD version of Sailor Moon, but I don't really like how the face was painted. Seemed low-quality, IMO. The other ones, however, look pretty good.

Oh well, still don't mind the wait.

Ehh, those joints, I just don't think I can deal with that. I'll hold out hope that they'll do some static figures without them joints. I can stomach the SD figures if I won't get static figures, but I can't deal with those figmas.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
I actually thought the joints weren't so bad. Probably because her boots and gloves have such a long length to them that it doesn't bother me as much.

Are they Figma's though? I thought that was a completely separate entity from Bandai.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
No, they're not actually figmas, figmas are jointed figures done by Max Factory. But it's like calling tissues Kleenix. I use the term figma in a generic sense.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
In addition to the problem of the appearance of the joints, jointed figures are more limited in their poses. The more flexible the figure is the more prominate the joints are.

A static figure has only one pose, but that pose can be much more dynamic than any posable figure can approach. The human body is much more flexible than a jointed figure and a static figure can show that. The same applies to clothing and hair.
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
I will also be waiting for static Sailor Moon figures. I don't really play with the figmas I have. I just like to admire my figures. I am looking forward to more Sailor Moon figures for sure though.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
While I'll pick these up, if people want static figures as well, I hope we get some Excellent Models or something. The Precure ones were good.
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
I don't know if I'd buy any of the Senshi from the Figuarts line (I prefer scaled figures), but if someone released a nice scaled figure of Sailor Saturn, I'd pre-order it in a second.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2