• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, August 10-16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
Numbers two through six are all out of their usual order. What's up with that?

And does anyone else wish these went down to 20? All we get below the Conan/Precure/Pokemon trio is Yatterman and the occasional glimpse of Naruto, ATASHIn'CHI, Inazuma Eleven, Curious George of all things, Mainichi Kaasan, the three times I've seen noitaminA on there (and no other late-night series)...there's sure to be more variation, at the very least, even if it's still mostly the same late afternoon and Sunday morning stuff. (Funny how those still get the most eyeballs. Like how shonen manga is still the most successful demographic.)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
One Piece dominates once more.

Great to see.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
At least the first 15 positions would be nice, if possible. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SS_Vegeta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:36 am Reply with quote
One Piece can dominate on television but how well does it stack up against competitors on the market?

I'm surprised that Dragon Ball re-runs are able to score that high when [1] the re-mastered episodes are on DVD for purchase already, and [2] the cartoon itself is on millions of household VHS tapes and DVD's for the past 14+ years.

This is an incredible accomplishment, to say the least, that these re-runs are able to score so high on not only Japanese television, but to remain #1 on the market and on the pop-culture scene as well, for so many years.

Keep in mind this is not only in Japan but in many places of the world, as well.

I don't mean to blast a cloud of happiness for One Piece fans, but in 10 years re-runs of One Piece could never score this high.

However, I still do believe that One Piece the animation has a far greater following than Naruto.

Last edited by SS_Vegeta on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1