• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Night of the Living Viewers Like You

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoursh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
For keeping track of my anime and manga collection, I do everything manually in Excel. Started collecting around 2005 and fortunately started playing around with Excel around 2006. It's still a work in progress (and has been since I started it lol), but at least I don't have to worry about losing track or (accidentally) double-dipping. And with a Windows Phone, I can easily view the Excel file. I want to eventually use Access, but I'm still unfamiliar with that program; plus I wouldn't be able to easily view it on my phone without going to servers and databases all that...

That is one gripe I have with Delicious Library is that there isn't a mobile component. They did briefly launch a iOS app for the iphone but had to pull it after Amazon changed their terms of use when pulling meta data from their systems. It would be really nice to be able to reference my library when on the go. Otherwise I'm happy with the application. I jumped to using it after I had to break down and box up my manga since I had no room to keep it out. I wanted to be able to know which container which volume was in if I needed to get to it. I store my manga in 70qt rubbermaid containers that can hold 75-110 volumes depending on book size. Currently, have about 30 vol. in box #6....
ashez2ashes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I wish ANN would review films that aren't easy for US fans to find. How else will we know about them? I love finding out about hidden gems like that.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
ashez2ashes wrote:
I wish ANN would review films that aren't easy for US fans to find. How else will we know about them? I love finding out about hidden gems like that.

I miss the Buried Treasure column. That was always such a good read (except for the time that Serial Experiments Lain was featured; eff that). Although I never really went out and got ahold of those rare titles after reading about them, I still appreciated the focus on obscure or lesser-known titles.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
ashez2ashes wrote:

We get the opposite reaction when we do that. People complain that it isn't fair to review films they don't have easy access to.

Buried Treasure ended because Justin had basically covered everything he wanted to. There wasn't much left.

The Mike Toole Show ostensibly replaced Buried Treasure, though, in terms of coverage.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm at the part where Zac and Justin are talking about old-school anime clubs: hmm, doesn't seem that different from my school's anime club , other than the fact that all the shit brought is digital fansubs.

Man, my anime club is a complete clusterfuck though; people come there more to socialize and we never commit on shows so its ghetto as hell, lol
Schoolie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Out of sheer curiosity, I'd love to see Magical Powers Ice Hockey. Spirit Bomb Slapshot!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3