• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Blue Drop, Polyphonica, Special A

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
That's a complete non-issue. Of course they'll have licensed the shows if they're releasing them. It is merely that ANN's encyclopaedia is not kept up-to-the-minute.

And considering Sentai doesn't do distribution, only licensing, it wouldn't make any sense for them to announce a title they don't have the license to. All their distribution is done by Section 23.

That's right. Sentai is a sub-only shop run by John Ledford. Section 23 and Sehprim would be the ones to decide if the title should be dubbed.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Here If you don't have money to Dub a series don't license it at all..... Say you want a TV and it doesn't have power cord and you have NO money to buy that cord do you buy the TV anyway or save up and come back and buy the cord and the TV Later.. (And you haf to have this particular TV no other TV will do it for you) The logical thing to do is save up to get both the cord and the TV at the same time. If you need a TV NOW! and you can help yourself you buy a Small TV to hold you over you don't buy the best TV thus leaving yourself in Despair because you can't watch without the cord then you have NO TV. If Sentai can't right now don't get Big series that everyone wants, get small stuff first.......

And I bet now if FUNimation could get Clannad they would because if Sentai Dies out everyone will be on FUNimation's blog pooring there hearts out asking for Clannad. its already happened during that ADV report yesterday people were jumping off topic asking for it they didn't even have the full story on ADV and the only Anime they asked for was Clannad, FUNimation wouldn't let there fans down............... Its just a matter of time to when they announce Sailor Moon >_> (I hate that!)

Mario, did you ever think that prehaps Sentai wouldn't make any money if they didn't license it at all?

Also, there's almost little to NO anime on U.S. TV right now. Streaming is the best option to go for now.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
pakli1988 wrote:
This is a good news: ADV Films changed into the Section23 Films. Will the Section23 Films going to license new anime shows like Sekirei, Zettai Shougeki, and Queen's Blade in the future?
Hopefully in the future.

I just watched a sub of Zettai Shougeki BTW.
Master Luc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
It appears that I have no choice but to prove to Section23/Sentai Filmworks that these series deserve a dub. I will buy them but in one condition. Please, dub them in the future. =)
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quote
People, it's been discussed here and elsewhere: Whence Sentai gets enough money, then they probably will start dubbing. I thank them for releasing Tears to Tiara boxset 1 next month.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12