• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu Yu Hakusho Cast Reunites for New Picture Drama

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote
cool!
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the ending was a little too sappy for such a kickass series, it'll be nice to see what happened after...
AnimeAngel00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote
My gosh, I love Yu Yu Hakusho. I thought the ending was just perfect<3 It'll be interesting to see the new dvd. I wonder if the creator may make a new series (maybe a few episodes) in the future.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote
AnimeAngel00 wrote:
My gosh, I love Yu Yu Hakusho. I thought the ending was just perfect<3 It'll be interesting to see the new dvd. I wonder if the creator may make a new series (maybe a few episodes) in the future.

I highly doubt it. There has been talk for years now if there would be even more Hunter x Hunter and that was I believe back in 2004-2005. He has been ill for some time and has not done much with anime/manga for a while now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
Yeah, the ending was a little too sappy for such a kickass series, it'll be nice to see what happened after...

I never really liked the final Demon world tournament arc. I was expecting the most brutal, destructive fighting in the whole series, but then it seemed like everyone went along with Yusuke's whole let's have a kinder, gentler tournament thing. It was rather anticlimactic for me, but not enough to ruin the whole series--it's still one of my favorite shonen shows.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote
I don't mean to offend anyone cause I loved Yu Yu Hakusho and own both the illegal and legal DVD sets. Which is funny since the legal sets ended up being cheaper then the Chinese bootlegs in the long run. But I digress.

I honestly had a hard time figuring out if the Voice Actor for Yusuke was a man or woman. Yusuke had one of those voices that either sex could have really done depending on the actor or actress.

Of course now I know its a guy thanks to the US dvds. But man, I had to push that one to the back of my head cause it bothered me a lot back then.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
honestly had a hard time figuring out if the Voice Actor for Yusuke was a man or woman.

LOL. I remember the first time I saw Kurama, I thought he was a girl. That was back in the day when I was new to anime and bishie boys.

I would love it if somehow we could get an English version of the new story in the states.
SpiritFoxKit1987

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
Woohoo!!
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
*squeak* Aw man, Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my most favorite things ever. Anime catgrin
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
sweet
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
LOL. I remember the first time I saw Kurama, I thought he was a girl. That was back in the day when I was new to anime and bishie boys.

lol me too. I forgot to mention I saw an interview of the cast members either for the Movie or end of the series type interview and saw Yusuke's voice actor. It furthered my confusion. A not physically attractive girl or somewhat attractive guy... so confused! lol. Also learned in the interview, gasp! Kurama VA is a woman! oh... that makes sense now. Which also added to the confusion if Yuusuke's VA was also a woman.
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
This is great news! YYH is one of my all-time favorite shows. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the picture drama because the anime ended perfectly in my opinion. One of the best anime endings ever. Hopefully, this means Funimation will eventually bring it in Blu-Ray here? That would be epic
RebirthedDuelist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
finally, i told my lil bro about this and he's going all crazy. he really wants this box set now.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this sounds really interesting! Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my all-time favorites.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Also learned in the interview, gasp! Kurama VA is a woman! oh... that makes sense now. Which also added to the confusion if Yuusuke's VA was also a woman.

Yusuke is definitely voiced by a man, Nozomu Sasaki, who played Mackey Stingray in Bubblegum Crisis, Tetsuo Shima in Akira, and even Mello in Death Note!

My favorite of his roles will always be Yusuke or Julian Minci in Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2