• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Visual Navel: Katawa Shoujo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:21 am Reply with quote
just thought I would start up a group, for these reasons:

1. I find thid VN has a very good message to it as well as just having a good story in general

and 2. this area of the forums has been dormant for a LONG time.

so if anyone wants to add anything such as thoughts, theories, questions or comments, please do, this area of the forum needs attention.

(and yes my ava is Rin from Katawa shoujo)
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:32 am Reply with quote
May I trouble you to ask, what is a Visual Navel? Razz Also, I would suggest adding a little more substance to your post. Saying "it has a good story in general" isn't really conducive to a discussion. What about it makes you think it has a good story and message?
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:45 am Reply with quote
ok firstly a 'visual novel' is a novel usually found on a PC or gaming console which is much like a game, other than the fact the only things you control are the choices the protagonist makes(usually, as some are just pretty much a novel as they allow no interaction at all). Also, there are usually backrounds and pictures in it, such as a picture of the person is talking to + whatever emotion he/she is feeling (look it up, you might get a better explanation than this)

secondly, If you look up this novel, you will find something unusual about all the girls in this Visual novel, and the story helps you accept people like them more in real life

oh and i ment to say my ava is a pick of rin and her friend who i forgot the name of Razz
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
btw sorry for the incorrect spelling of novel in the title Anime hyper
Jon182

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
mjack_15980 wrote:
btw sorry for the incorrect spelling of novel in the title Anime hyper

I'd like to see a visual navel as well. It would certainly be a novel way to watch Net Flix Smile. I've read/played some visual novels, but I don't find them to be that compelling.

I think it would be useful to outline what you're looking for. Are you looking for a group to create a visual novel, discuss visual novels or critique a specific visual novel?

All joking aside, I commend your efforts to bring more "life" to this section. Novels do seem to be the "red headed step child" of the otaku world, in North America at least.
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
well I would like to find people who actually have some interest in Visual Novels, and want to talk about this certain one or any others if they want

I know I wont find many people in this section, but at least I am trying
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1