• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-09-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpha_beta_angel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute, is this comic suggesting that people into anime and manga have a life beyond the fandom? *faints* LOL jk

(and of course Nina only knows anime related facts about people, she makes it her business to know those things especially as anime is/part of her job)
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Seems like people need to beef up on their philosophy (so sad that people seem to discount it really quickly)

here's the link

http://cantory.blogspot.com/2007/12/aristotle-and-his-view-of-friendship.html

So at least from this comic it's hard to say that Nina and Paola are the "highest" level of friends, probably friends of passion (liking of anime and Manga) You could also include Kevin in that (at least as depicted thus far.) The closest to being a virtue friendship was when Kevin was rescued from the otakin. And that's more of an outlier and perhaps could even go back to passion if other future comics come out.

I don't know I guess being a good friend maybe hard although I'll admit I've had friendships start as utility or passion but worked to make them closer to an ideal friendship. I mean I have a friend who boasts about being "The fifth" sibling in my family, He wouldn't be making such statements if my friendship was one of utility or passion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4