• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NY Comic Con, NY Anime Fest to Share Same Weekend in 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
As someone who likes both US and Japanese comics and animation, I'm rather glad. I confess I don't have the extra cash to go to extra cons this year or these two would be a definite one to see. Having it all in one next year sounds like a must do.

Plus I just take joy in wanting to see the 'manga' artists smashed in with the 'comic' artists. Maybe they'll figure out they're both doing the same damn thing finally.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
NYAF was an offshoot of NYCC anyways, when they thought anime fans needed their own venue. All they're doing is recombining it again, though now with more combined people.

Won't be much of an issue for NYAF since that mainly just uses the Javits basement and is used to sharing Javits rent with other tenants. It's the NYCC part that would have to accomodate squeezing more people in reduced venues.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be a big event. Like other conventions, it will be invasion of the nerds/otaku/hikkomori/freaks/geeks, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3