• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act to Debut in Asia on October 10

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
If it's only 26 episodes, how will it complete the series unless the success of it leaves to produce many more episodes?
moichispa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
yeah it is imposible to adapte all the inuyasha manga final part on just 26 episodes. They must have more parts somehow
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
moichispa wrote:
yeah it is imposible to adapte all the inuyasha manga final part on just 26 episodes. They must have more parts somehow

It's not the all of the manga, just the parts they didn't get to in the first one. Now, I'm way behind on the manga, so I don't know how much they actually had left, but given how much filler was pumped into the first series, I imagine you could get a lot done in 26 episodes if you left all that out.

You know what would be cool? If Funimation streamed this. They're the ones with rights to it, correct? Preempt the inevitable fansubbers?

Last edited by vashfanatic on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote
Yeah, if its going down like this, I expect Crunchyroll to announce the series on their site shortly.
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote
I guess Animax-Asia didn't made it closing a deal for a same-time-as-Japan airing for the final installment of Inuyasha. Many did speculated this since Tears to Tiara is two episodes away to end.

Considering if it's truly really madly 26 episodes, they will skip events or event chapters in manga version.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised there's already an English logo for it.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
moichispa wrote:

It's not the all of the manga, just the parts they didn't get to in the first one. Now, I'm way behind on the manga, so I don't know how much they actually had left, but given how much filler was pumped into the first series, I imagine you could get a lot done in 26 episodes if you left all that out.

You know what would be cool? If Funimation streamed this. They're the ones with rights to it, correct?

No, Viz has this and the first, larger part. I too am curious to know if this 26 episodes will really finish it entirely, or if more is planned provided this continuation is popular enough. It could get done conceivably, but considering the show, I wouldn't be surprised if it needed at least another season past this one. Then the next question for me is when or if AS will pick this up. Of course, even if they do it'll be a while since this is brand new.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
only 26eps i hope there a big ending to it
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
moichispa wrote:

You know what would be cool? If Funimation streamed this. They're the ones with rights to it, correct? Preempt the inevitable fansubbers?

If it took 160+ episodes to get as much as they did...there's no way in hell this is gonna be 26 episodes. Even with all the fillers removed from the first season it's still over 100 episodes of actual content from the manga....they'll never finish this properly with 26 episodes.

For a better comparrison, the first series was chapters 1-355...with some emitted (like 350...really important one ) 356-559 or something around there is what they'd have to cover in 26 episodes. It's NOT possible.They'd have to change a lot of the original content. I don't know where ANN got that it's gonna be only 26 episodes but in the last few years I've noticed more and more often the number of episodes listed by ANN is more often than not, wrong.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote
I'm calling it here and now;

Viz'll set up something for VOD, we UK types will get all excited and then NOPE NO INUYASHA FOR YOU FUMBDUCKS.

And then we'll pirate it and then they'll blame the poor sales on us.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
I'm actually glad it'll only be 26 episodes tbh. Even though there were a lot of filler, it's true that there was still probably about 100 episodes that weren't, BUT at the same time, a lot of those non-filler episodes had filler moments where they dragged the same thing on over and over again when they could've just summed it up and been done with.
marek1712

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
Shinjirarenai!
There's now way it will end in 26 episodes. Otherwise they'd have to ignore the manga and lead the plot in a completely new way.
herbkir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
If the new series confines itself to the most significant events of the manga, the conclusion could be done in 26 episodes.

For instance, the new anime could dispense with all those Tessaiga upgrades that ultimately played no major part in Inuyasha's character development and didn't affect the story's final outcome. That might upset some fans, but wouldn't hurt the story.

Remember that the anime is an ADAPTATION of the manga, not a literal page-for-page retelling. I'd be happy to see an adaptation that presents just the highlights of the remaining manga plus the conclusion rather than leaving the anime unfinished as is the current case.

Also, I expect to see Viz start streaming official subs of the new episodes in conjunction with the Japanese TV premieres, just as they've been doing with Naruto Shippuden. Otherwise, we'll be seeing fansubs appearing online within hours of the episode premieres.

I don't see Viz's decision to sell Disney the TV license for Naruto Shippuden as predictive of where the new IY will show on U.S. television. The new Naruto series takes dead aim at the upper elementary and junior high boys Disney X-D is courting and basically tells a much simpler story that's easier to connect with.

I'm hopeful of seeing an announcement soon that Adult Swim will be airing the dubbed IY version before the end of this year. The original IY was the second-best [AS] anime ratings performer ever, behind Fullmetal Alchemist, and the concluding sequel should do well for them, too.

But if Adult Swim chooses not to bid on the new IY while Disney makes an offer, then Viz won't really have much of a choice but to put the new IY on Disney X-D.

I think that while Disney might have a lukewarm interest in the new series, [AS] would have a much stronger interest given its success with the original series and would likely outbid any reasonable Disney offer. (Of course, if Disney offered a totally insane sum, then [AS] would lose IY to Disney the same way it lost Futurama to Comedy Central.)

Further, If [AS] chose not to pursue the new IY at all, that would really sound the death knell for any new anime on [AS] once the current Bleach and Moribito complete their runs. (^_*)
kailegh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
omg naraku might actualy die permanently Anime hyper
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
26 episodes? o.O I really don't know how they are going to fit 20 or so volumes of content into 26 episodes. But hopefully it'll turn out all right.

Now to await a hopeful announcement from Viz about a simu-stream...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4