• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crayon Shin-chan Manga Creator Usui Missing Since Friday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
BassKuroi wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
As recent events in America ought to have taught us, he could be in Argentina with his mistress. Wink

Why Argentina? Winter is still here, it's cold and humid.

A governor from South Carolina was missing for a few days and when he came back we found out he was in Argentina visiting his mistress.

Laughing I guess this didn't get as much play down in Argentina as it did in the U.S., where it made National news for almost a week (and keeps popping up because the Governor in question is being pressured to step down and won't do it). There was also a bit more to the story, in that originally the Governor staff told the press he was off hiking the Appalachian Trail (a very long and remote hiking trail in a mountain range in the Eastern U.S.), while his wife said she didn't have a clue where he was (which personally tipped me off something was up - he had skipped Fathers Day with his sons for this excursion and she didn't know or care where he was?). Then the press found this Governor coming back into the country from Argentina in the Atlanta, Georgia Airport (he had actually not told anyone where he was going and had been split from his wife for over a month but had also not told anyone about it). BTW, this Governor was touted to be a potential U.S. Presidential Candidate for the 2012 Elections but this pretty much has ended his political career. So that's what the joke was about.

As for Wikipiedia, I wouldn't take it as a good source on the subject recent possible deaths. The site has had so many alive and well people supposedly die in the last year that it is being said to be one of the reasons Wiki is changing how it runs things (I'm not up on what all the changes are but I take it there is a crack down in progress on who and what can be posted to the site).
OrochimaruAnko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I hope he's okay too, maybe he's a little upset that AS is not showing the anime of his manga.

I hate to say this, but there are days I wish Kishimoto would run away.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
It does depend on the person. The South Carolina governor apparently was prone to such behavior. I'd think family would know if this were typical behavior & thus not make a fuss. My daughter would have a cow if I were a few hours late because I usually don't go anywhere without her knowing about it. I'd suspect this is irregular behavior for him & thus a cause for concern. If anything else, he could have fallen & be in trouble, maybe separated from his phone. This in itself can be cause of concern for family. I know after my husband died, I was quite fixated on stupid little details, so if something has happened, any amount of pain & suffering involved can upset the family.
Hopefully we aren't talking about a situation where family has to worry about how he spent his final moments. And yeah, if he has just been hiding out, I'm sure it'll be fairly embarassing
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Let's keep in mind that the original post we're discussing was posted before the first news update. I think the comment was made to lighten the mood a bit and was not meant to mean any more than that. It just turned out that several posters are from Argentina and didn't quite get what the comment was about. However, since the original post was made the situation has become clearer and IMO is much more of a concern. Usui has now been AWOL for almost a week and it turns out he had informed his wife he'd be back and didn't show up when he said he would (and he may have gone hiking in a remote place and his cellphone has stopped working) Sad .

This is really a much different situation than the original article reported. At the time the news was very sketchy and we didn't have all the info we now have. I remember when I originally read both the article and the comment wondering if he was even married because I know very little about Usui. The article made it sound almost like he was ducking his editor in a style similar to the character from Fruits Baskets, though I have to admit I also had a worrying thought that he might be ill in some way which is why they were looking for him (because he's 51 years old and generally you don't get worried when someone that age goes missing for a day or so).

Anyway, I have become much more worried for Usui as time has gone on and we've had more information come in on the situation. It is not good that he's not reporting in after a week in light he had told his wife he'd be back that evening. I just hope they can find him and soon so his poor family can quit worrying about him Sad .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3