• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kannagi Creator Takenashi Undergoes Surgery, Recovers

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
Well that is good! I for one am wishing her well and a speedy recovery! Does she have a private webblog somewhere or something?
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I wish her the best but it is still weird that they won't say what's wrong with her.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
I wish her the best but it is still weird that they won't say what's wrong with her.

That's probably because health is a PRIVATE matter. We will probably never know, and that's perfectly fine.
se37

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad that she seems to be doing better but health is a private matter. I had surgery a few years ago, nobody knows what it was about but my close family. Hopefully she will be able to tell us what happened with Nagi and "former lover" now. Very happy to hear this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I hope she gets better soon. The fans might get anxious. I wish her well.
icepick314

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Hope Takenashi-san would recover without any problems....

Surgery is scary no matter how small or minor it is...

BTW...does anyone have link to the article regarding the fan controversy? I've tried to search it but can't seem to located...What was the slander about?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, we might find out with later blogs by the artist but if it required surgery and it was so sudden then it was probably something like an unknown/undiagnosed tumor or growth or maybe even a blood clot which could explain her lack of being able to move. Or one of organs like a Kidney or the pancera needed removal.

In any case here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Well, we might find out with later blogs by the artist but if it required surgery and it was so sudden then it was probably something like an unknown/undiagnosed tumor or growth or maybe even a blood clot which could explain her lack of being able to move. Or one of organs like a Kidney or the pancera needed removal.

You've been watching too much House, and you obviously have no background in medicine.

As noted in a previous talkback thread, Japanese tends to be rather hyperbolic in its description of bodily illnesses, so "unable to move" covers a lot of ground, including simply being bedridden. It doesn't in any way imply full or even partial paralysis.

If speedy surgery is required, then it is obviously an acute illness, but that leaves a lot of ground. It might be something as banal as a slipped disk. In any case, it's a private matter -- what should concern us is the general well-being of Takenashi-sensei, not any poking into her private health matters.

I trust we all agree in hoping for her rapid and full recovery.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hexenkessel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote
i hope for the best for her and all, but i for one am sick of the people obsessed with kannagi and all the spamming in forums that goes along with it. hopefully this will go on a LONG, LONG hiatus, if not end completely forever LOL.
otakujohn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see she's doing better.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quote
So if they don't post what surgery it was then how do we know it occured? Could this instead be a PR stunt to gain sympathy?

If not, then hope she recovers.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
What ever it was it had to be cut out of her to try to fix it, and having been on the table myself several times in my adult life, I wish her a speedy recovery, and hope the pain killers work. The job can wait. Wink
maaya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
So if they don't post what surgery it was then how do we know it occured?

Erm, even if they tell you what surgery it was you still don't know whether it really occured or not oO

In the statement posted it says that the author herself should explain what has happened, once she is able to do so. If she decides not to do so, that's fine as well, because it's a private matter.

Quote:
Takenashi is unable to write and added that, if she recovers, she might explain what happened herself.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
So if they don't post what surgery it was then how do we know it occured? Could this instead be a PR stunt to gain sympathy?

If not, then hope she recovers.

Somehow knowing exactly what was wrong would somehow give it more credibility? They can still fake ailments you know. Wink She's been sick for several weeks now so it's entirely possible it something minor that didn't improve as expected like a kidney stone that didn't pass properly or a UTI that didn't respond well to antibiotics. Things like that are exceedingly painful, can take weeks to get over and potentially require surgery. I doubt we'll actually know unless she says herself.

abunai wrote:
As noted in a previous talkback thread, Japanese tends to be rather hyperbolic in its description of bodily illnesses, so "unable to move" covers a lot of ground, including simply being bedridden. It doesn't in any way imply full or even partial paralysis.

I'm always amazed by how vulnerable the Japanese act when they're sick. They get a head cold and they're in bed for the day being waited on hand and foot, seemingly paralyzed. For the Japanese it's considered sanitary and curtius (especially the mask), but for an American it just seems weak and lazy. *shrugs* Anime smallmouth

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
It's really none of our business anyway. We are privileged to be told that she had surgery. One's personal health is just that, personal. She's too ill to draw a manga, end of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3