• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Nabari no Go

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
People think Baseball is slow? they should try and sit through Test Cricket Yet another game invented by boried Victorian English gentry with too much time on their hands, and been in the noon day sun too long. An average test match can last 5, or 6 days before a winning side is declared. The rule book is as thick as the Bible, if not thicker, and one practically needs a degree in cricket to understand it.
bci110

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
People think Baseball is slow? they should try and sit through Test Cricket Yet another game invented by boried Victorian English gentry with too much time on their hands, and been in the noon day sun too long. An average test match can last 5, or 6 days before a winning side is declared. The rule book is as thick as the Bible, if not thicker, and one practically needs a degree in cricket to understand it.

Pass. I'll take the Twenty20 version if you don't mind. Here in the States there's going to be a new professional cricket league called the American Premier League which will use the Twenty20 rules since it takes about the same amount of time to play as a typical baseball game.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
JairStout wrote:
That's the problem with Kurokami as well. The main character just watches a pretty little girl get beat on in every episode. He just stands there, even though, like Miharu, he has special powers.

He has a laser ring that never really seems to deal damage unless he can trigger something in the environment. Apart from that he's a normal guy going up against superhumans. I often want him to do something awesome too, but at the same time, it's like what COULD he do? Presumably humans in The Noble Ones have some combat training, but again, Keita doesn't have the benefit of that either. Then there's the fact that his energy is always being drained or something or other, so he's usually weaker than he should be.

The cards are against him doing anything useful, so I don't pay his lack of action much notice.

Well then they've engineered a clever way of letting a pretty little girl get the snot beat out of her alone in every episode. Either way, I couldn't stomach watching this series, even though Sunrise did produce some very pretty animation for it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
Pass. I'll take the Twenty20 version if you don't mind. Here in the States there's going to be a new professional cricket league called the American Premier League which will use the Twenty20 rules since it takes about the same amount of time to play as a typical baseball game.
Good luck with that I say. But do they stop a Baseball game if it rains in the middle of it, even the slightest dribble? Wink
bci110

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
bci110 wrote:
Good luck with that I say. But do they stop a Baseball game if it rains? Wink

If it rains hard enough yes. But if it a drizzle then they usually play through it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
bci110 wrote:
Good luck with that I say. But do they stop a Baseball game if it rains? Wink

If it rains hard enough yes. But if it a drizzle then they usually play through it.
That's not cricket. Wink
AckIsBack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I actually really liked Nabari no Ou. OTL I thought the designs were really unique and interesting, not generic at all. The cool character designs are the reason I started watching it. And I loved how there was no 'black and white' good guys and bad guys. And Yoite and Miharu's relationship was so interesting to me. The first half is kind of boring though, but it gets a lot better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
leongsh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Why so they still call these things "season 1 part 1"? Sure, it made sense with FMA where there really was more than 1 season, but as far I know, Oofuri only has 1-26 episode season, so why call it "s1 p1" and not just "p1"? They've been doing this for a while now...

Unless they have been made privy to there being a second season of the anime in the works but not announced yet? A form of signaling that was too obvious that people waved it off as an error?

I can only hope for a second season =P
torinostu351

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I heartily endorse the "cover every square inch of wall with obsessive love" method of decorating. Great collection featured this week! Envious of a lot of those posters (and the Kagami figure). In fact, there's an Evangelion poster I've never seen before, which blows me away. Nice mix of new and old (props for the Sailor Moon love!), keep at it! (Love seeing the Trigun DVD collection, too!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3