• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kūchū Buranko TV Series to Be Anime/Live-Action Hybrid

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
So what's Fuji TV airing in that timeslot until then? Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 ended last week.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
So what's Fuji TV airing in that timeslot until then? Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 ended last week.

Reruns...?

Well, as always, I'm excited to see what's going to be in the Noitamina time slot, since they've had such quality material there before... very little of which seems to get licensed. Of course, I suppose that fact lessens the guilt of downloading; still, I'd rather be watching them streamed.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote
From the list of Noitamina shows at Wikipedia, it appears that there's always a hiatus of a week or two between shows. I have no idea what's shown in these periods.

Trapeze is the show I've most looked forward to this year; hope it lives up to the expectations that Bakeneko/Mononoke raised.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad people liked Mononoke enough to be excited for this. Given whose in it and the premise, sounds worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HellKorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Wonder how they're going to work this out. The only times that I recall live-action successfully integrating into anime is The End of Evangelion and Mind Game, though I'd imagine that Kuchu Buranko will go further than those examples.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1