• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hetalia - Axis Powers Film Green-Lit for 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maryohki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
Maryohki wrote:
Please good God that has smiled upon us, let this be a War of Austrian Succession movie. Please. That would be so hardcore awesome and I'd sacrifice my firstborn in return...

...A Hetalia movie that does not feature Italy, Japan, Germany America, China, or Russia, leaving only a quarter of the main cast present (and none of the main three).

As cool as those strips are, that would... not happen. It would also be a really poor decision on their parts, business wise.

edit: Buon San Valentino would be fantastic, but I actually am not sure they'd do it. I don't know if it's intentional, but they've been kind of not doing the really shounen-ai text heavy strips in the series, and what's heavier on the gay than Buon San is?

I don't know what they're going to do personally. But please god do not let it be anime only content.

Hey, let me fantasize here!

I just really want the War of Austrian Succession animated, and a movie-length block of time would make it less likely for Hungary to get shafted. That's my biggest complaint about the anime so far, actually; Hungary not getting nearly enough screentime.

As for Buon St. Valentino, my wishful thinking makes me think maybe a movie would give them a good outlet for the racier stuff in Hetalia. My ideal 2nd choice is actually Christmas Rampage, which I believe is actually a lot worse than Buon St. Valentino in regards to kid-friendliness.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Erm, WTF, how do you turn this into a full-fledged movie? I guess it could have an original script, I just wanna see everyone in it! And if Hetalia is getting that popular over in Japan I hope this means that a R1 licensing announcement will come soon (and for the manga too please!).
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Erm, WTF, how do you turn this into a full-fledged movie? I guess it could have an original script, I just wanna see everyone in it! And if Hetalia is getting that popular over in Japan I hope this means that a R1 licensing announcement will come soon (and for the manga too please!).

Sometimes I think I'm the only person who would prefer it if Hetalia -didn't- get licensed.

As for the manga, I dont really think that'd be a good idea either. The manga is pretty much strictly for people who were already into the webcomic before hand (except for the first chapter in volume 1). It's basically a collection of random strips, some of which have been edited and alot that have no relation to eachother and don't make a great deal of sense on their own. I imagine someone who knew nothing about the series picking it up and having no idea wtf they just read.
(which is, actually, how quite a few non-fans reacted to the first episode of the anime)
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote
...THIS. I'm too happy right now! Very Happy
YAY for more Hetalia!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Wait, WHAT?!
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Best news i've heard in a while. For me atleast. :is totally stoked: omg i really can't wait for this Anime hyper . I just love this series, for a number of reasons. Seriously, this made my day! Week! (been a long week Anime dazed ) I really can't wait Anime catgrin

(i am probably over exaggerating a tad in my excitement.... but im just really happy Anime smile + sweatdrop )
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
There's already a live-action Hetalia. It's called The Downfall. Rolling Eyes
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
People have been wondering which series of stripes the movie's gonna be about, but isn't it possible for the movie to include two, or more even, long running stripes at once? After all, the regular episodes have spliced different stripes together with a quick eye-catch in the middle. Who's to say it isn't possible for the movie to divide itself between two stories? (Just imagine the War of Austrian Succession and the Valentine's Day stripes all put into one neat, little package Twisted Evil )
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
Or the possibility of a completely original plotline.
championferret

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Besides the fact that it's not even live-action, snide uninformed comment was snide and uninformed.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quote
I want Iceland in Norway in the movie

if there in it I could care less about what plot they use.

But time wise they may tag the movie on to a different movie. As a opening short meaning it would be like 30 mins to a hour.
Maryohki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Sigh. There are so many things wrong with this comment that it makes me want to introduce my head to my desk.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen any of this anime yet, but did its makers forget that Canada played an important part in WWI? Hey, one of our boys (Capt. Roy Brown) even shot down the Red Baron!*

*Although apparently there is a bit of controversy over this...I believe there is a counter claim that the Red Baron may have been hit by rifle fire from the ground.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote
MORE HETALIA, YES!!!

A feature-length Hetalia film would be awesome... they could do England and France finding little feral America in the wild, and America choosing England... or Buon San Valentino (with the mysterious Chibitalia ending)... or maybe Himaruya will write new stuff just for the film (maybe we can see Austria and Hungary being married!)... the possibilities are intoxicating.

I am so geeked for this! Surprised
Maryohki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quote
@Blood- : Canada doesn't really play a major part in Hetalia, no, but do keep in mind that the series is more focused on WWII than WWI, and much of the basis for Hetalia comes from national stereotypes, not necessarily the way things actually are. While Canada may have been important in WWI, when people think of either World War, they don't exactly think of Canada. So it's really not fair to get upset at Himaruya/Studio DEEN/etc for not giving Canada more prominence. He is in a fair amount of strips and a handful of episodes, though. His deal is more that people either don't notice him or confuse him with America, which he hates. If you think about it, that's a pretty good representation.

SnaphappyFMA wrote:
MORE HETALIA, YES!!!

A feature-length Hetalia film would be awesome... they could do England and France finding little feral America in the wild, and America choosing England... or Buon San Valentino (with the mysterious Chibitalia ending)... or maybe Himaruya will write new stuff just for the film (maybe we can see Austria and Hungary being married!)... the possibilities are intoxicating.

I am so geeked for this! Surprised

O-oh my God, I'd give anything for that...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3