• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hetalia - Axis Powers Film Green-Lit for 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Maryohki wrote:
His deal is more that people either don't notice him or confuse him with America, which he hates. If you think about it, that's a pretty good representation.

That is pretty funny, actually. I was being tongue-in-cheek, mostly, but it did occur to me that if there was a character for a puny country like Lithuania then Great White North deserved something, too. Wink Glad to hear there actually is a Canada character.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
That is pretty funny, actually. I was being tongue-in-cheek, mostly, but it did occur to me that if there was a character for a puny country like Lithuania then Great White North deserved something, too. Wink Glad to hear there actually is a Canada character.

Oi! Do not belittle Lithuania! We have a long, proud history in Europe and we used to like... own all of Poland! Russia just pretty much screwed Lithuania over in more ways than one.

*if you haven't guessed it, I'm proud of my Lithuanian heritage, and am also Canadian...*

... Lithuania is cooler in Hetalia than Canada.

Hetalia is world history love~
Maryohki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote
[quote="littlegreenwolf"]
Blood- wrote:
... Lithuania is cooler in Hetalia than Canada.

Pfft, no way.Honestly? Liet bores me. I mean, he has his moments, but really he's just kinda meh to me. But then so are all of the Baltics, though I do like Estonia more than the others.

Besides, Austria is cooler than Lithuania and Canada combined Cool
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quote
For some reason when I saw the word "film" I assumed it was live-action* and, for a moment, started wondering who would be cast in various roles. Laughing Oh well. But an animated feature obviously makes more sense. This is such a fun series (not to mention the only one I'm actively watching at the moment) and I'm glad it's doing so well.

*I'm not sure why, exactly; but perhaps it's because I watch much more live-action than anime nowadays.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
theissing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah a movie with hetalia, that must become awesome. =D
Now i only need to see my fav charecter Denmark in the anime, which im already dying for to see. D'=
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3