• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Gets Gente, Library Wars, Grand Guignol Orchestra, Nice to Meet You, Kamisama

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote
Nice to know that if you like the Monster series as it airs on Syfy, you can pick up the manga next year courtesy of Viz...

...and still NOTHING about the anime side of Viz? Are they 2 different companies/panels?
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm also a little confused...isn't Viz already publishing Monster in manga form...?
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope Library Wars Manga gets popular enough so Viz will get the Anime. Anyway.... Toradora! Crying or Very sad (Manga)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Another Kaori Yuki title? Nice. Now if only they'd get her demented telling of fairy tales called Ludwig, and maybe that Blood Hound/vampire manga of hers I'd be one extremely pleased fan.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
I'm also a little confused...isn't Viz already publishing Monster in manga form...?

me too
Anath_19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:

Not only were they publishing it, they also finished releasing it last December. I'm as confused as you are.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Nice, Library War manga. I'm curious to know how the four different forms relate to each other: light novels, two manga series (shounen and shoujo, and it looks like we got the shoujo), anime.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
"Italian slice-of-life mnaga"

a little spelling error in the article...

anyway I can't wait for RINNE
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nice to Meet You, Kamisama (Kami-sama Hajimemashita) supernatural romance by Karakuri Odette's Julietta Suzuki

Nice. That's a fun series. I'll be picking it up when it's released.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Nice to know that if you like the Monster series as it airs on Syfy, you can pick up the manga next year courtesy of Viz...

...and still NOTHING about the anime side of Viz? Are they 2 different companies/panels?

It's alot easier to license manga than anime. This is merely speculation, but I'm thinking that they are trying to get more large shonen anime that would cost a hell of alot more.

VIZ is officially my main manga publisher. I'm already preordering all of their Sigikki line stuff. I no longer have to track down old Ikki magazines...thank you, VIZ. *slight tear*
lys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh, more Julietta Suzuki!! Exciting!! I knew not reading the scans would pay off. Now I get to be surprised by the story when the official volume comes out here :D And Library Wars: Shoujo Edition sounds interesting too...

littlegreenwolf, I'd love to see Ludwig Revolution here too. Viz seems to like her, so I'm sure they'll get to it one of these days!
sooocute

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow, another Yuki Kaori's work... man, I have to hurry up getting all volumes of Angel Sanctuary before they release a new manga, lol. As for others, it looks interesting and it seems like I'll take most of 'em. U GO VIZ!! =)
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Funny, I had thought that the shonen version of Library War sold better, and I got so excited when I saw the title thinking they had got the anime. Hmm, maybe if the manga sell well enough we'll see them licensing the anime for both Library War and Natsume Yujincho, a girl can dream right?
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Natsume Ono's Italian slice-of-life manga Gente (Gente ~Ristorante no Hitobito~)

Is that the one Ristorante Paradiso was based on?
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Man, for a second there I thought Viz had licensed the Library War anime. Aww, well. I'll be sure to check out the manga then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2