• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Launch Inuyasha: The Final Act Simulcast on Saturday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Sigyn-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
ah well guess thats one show to cross off the list of what shows crunchyroll picked up.

I was thinking the same thing.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
This is great news and i'm certainly happy. (I still hope they'll eventually dub it but I planned on watching it in subs first anyways since for this anime, i'm not the kinda person to wait that long)

Gonna have to remind myself about Monster though. (also great news there)
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
I know its a bit much but I was hoping Adult Swim Simulcast with dub. Yeah I know its alot but maybe one day we will get lucky.
Will never happen with [as]. Ever. Until they change their procedures. Kurokami US staff said [as] was out of the question because they require the media far in advance.

LagannImpact wrote:
As for Shonen Sunday, I'm sure it WILL have a video section by the time October 3 gets here! So just be patient!
They actually showed an image of what it will look like so it's ready to go.
zulux211

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited about the monster on SciFi (I refuse the new name) as I have only recently managed to get my parents to start watching anime with death note, monster was one I always thought they would like but they won't watch subtitles Razz
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Simulcast dubs are impossible to do, I heard it mentioned on a panel on YouTube, some people who worked at Funimation got asked the question and they said it wasn't possible because the Japanese give the TV stations their episodes like right after they finish and then they air them on TV and then they go back and fix them, so it's virtually impossible to do because the English dub companies use the fixed up version to dub the anime.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
Simulcast dubs are impossible to do, I heard it mentioned on a panel on YouTube, some people who worked at Funimation got asked the question and they said it wasn't possible because the Japanese give the TV stations their episodes like right after they finish and then they air them on TV and then they go back and fix them, so it's virtually impossible to do because the English dub companies use the fixed up version to dub the anime.

actually they did it with the anime kurokami the anime was dubbed in English using i guess the storyboard animations instead of the finished product like they usually do and they were able to air the english dub simultaneously with the japanese broadcast.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
at the panel viz said within hours. Also they said Monster will be on hulu one day after it airs on syfy

Oh f yes. I'm not going to miss this for not staying up Monday nights now!

I'm kinda skeptical about that. I didn't really get that Monster will be on Hulu from reading the article, just that InuYasha: The Final Act will be on there. I only see Monster confirmed for Syfy.

HOWEVER, if it WAS also on Hulu it would make sense, since Hulu is owned by NBC/Universal, the same parent company as Starz Manga and Syfy.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:

actually they did it with the anime kurokami the anime was dubbed in English using i guess the storyboard animations instead of the finished product like they usually do and they were able to air the english dub simultaneously with the japanese broadcast.

Would you really WANT them to do something like that with an anime the caliber of InuYasha? Not matching the mouth flaps seemingly didn't hurt Kurokami, but it might not be the same for InuYasha. However, there is a caveat here, and it relates to the show's nature as a 26-episode show, ironically enough:

What if there WAS a 2-season structure to IY: TFA, and this is just the first season? Could it be possible for [as] to simulcast the 2nd season after giving the first season dub a try starting sometime in the spring? What they did with Code Geass R2 was somewhat similar, starting it right after the end of the first run of the first season. Kurokami was impossible because they wouldn't have the time slot, but in the case of a 2nd season of TFA, if it is even going to be dubbed, it could start right after the first season dub...

...but then again, of course we don't even know if the series is going to be dubbed at all, so LOTS OF SPECULATION here!
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
Great news for Inuyasha fans!
mozychan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 am Reply with quote
Viz, I love ya and hate ya at the same time.

While I am happy that The Final Act is to be simulcasted online, why does it have to be hulu? Don't get me wrong. I do like that site, but I'd prefer to see it also at Crunchyroll in HD with no ads for Anime Members like me. Unless some exclusive deals for streaming online have been made between the providers and Viz, CR can still snatch it from Sunrise and some others. I doubt that will happen though...

Hulu failed last week with their Inuyasha catalog uploads. Ep. 141 video was missing for a few days and Ep. 142 was skipped entirely. I hope this doesn't happen during the simulcasts...

-moose
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quote
If the shonensunday.com streams are hosted through Hulu.com, then Canadians should be prepared to riot. There's no excuse in making this series US-only.

I'm preparing for massive Vizfail.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:18 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I'm preparing for massive Vizfail.

Viz failing, news at 11.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
Viz has epic failed with Disney and Shippuden. How could this be any different for some people. Put it on CrunchyRoll and more people could see it.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Viz has epic failed with Disney and Shippuden. How could this be any different for some people. Put it on CrunchyRoll and more people could see it.

I love how you're calling "epic fail" on Shippuden airing on Disney X-D without even having seen it on X-D. Any other pearls of wisdom from the future you can give us? We don't know if they'll cut Shippuden anymore than Toonami cut it, and we know Disney X-D is aimed at older boys of a similar range to Toonami, so there's no reason to think it'll be cut more than usual.

bleachj0j wrote:
at the panel viz said within hours. Also they said Monster will be on hulu one day after it airs on syfy

Thank god, a chance to see the unmangled dub within a day of its SyFy airing. I always hated not having a chance to see uncut Gundam 00 and TTGL after their commercial-ridden run on SyFy ended up cutting episode content. I may actually watch Monster on SyFy this time, since I can always see it uncut on Hulu a day later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
I know its a bit much but I was hoping Adult Swim Simulcast with dub. Yeah I know its alot but maybe one day we will get lucky.

Edit: They should stream on FUNimations Video portal.. I'd enjoy that that's the easiest site for me to access I just went on Shonen Sunday and I can't find the video section and I hate Hulu >_> Who wants to watch Commercials...

Your not the only one who dont like hulu's commercials. When i watched the uncut dub versions of naruto on hulu,i always get the same stupid interuptions.

Also it's not known if they'll do a dub version let alone have the old Ocean Studios cast return.

Hell for all i know they may not even have the dub broadcasts on Adult Swim,cause after the stupid decision they did with the Naruto Shippuden broadcast,anything is out of the window now,including viz media doing to this dub version broadcasts like what they did to the naruto shippuden TV boradcast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4