• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Gets Sora no Otoshimono, Book of Bantorra

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Man, CR is smoking! I cant wait to see what other surprises they will be bringing out!!! This season is going to ROCK!!! So much totally legit anime on CR - it's awesome!
bci110

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I think I love CR now, gonna have to find a way to get a subbie then. Now I just want them to pick up Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Kobato and I should be all set!

It might be a little too late for Kobato, but if CR does gets the rights to stream it I'll be estatic. Either tommorow or Monday seems like the logical dates since the series is schedule to air this coming Tuesday.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 am Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I think I love CR now, gonna have to find a way to get a subbie then. Now I just want them to pick up Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Kobato and I should be all set!

It might be a little too late for Kobato, but if CR does gets the rights to stream it I'll be estatic. Either tommorow or Monday seems like the logical dates since the series is schedule to air this coming Tuesday.

It'll be ideal to start when the show starts but it seems like CR gets shows whenever they can even mid-run, sometimes silently for older shows, strangely enough.

I suppose part of it also depends on the translation and subtitling work they and MX media can handle at once before they start posting them
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
In b4 people complaining about, by proxy of regions, the immutable fact that CrunchyRoll is an American company.

Yet if I move one timezone to the west I could watch Sora Oto with no problems in Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Why miss out the rest of Europe? Are they intentionally avoiding higher profile targets like the UK, France and Germany in case they can sell it to another company here and get more money? Fat chance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
In b4 people complaining about, by proxy of regions, the immutable fact that CrunchyRoll is an American company.

Yet if I move one timezone to the west I could watch Sora Oto with no problems in Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Why miss out the rest of Europe? Are they intentionally avoiding higher profile targets like the UK, France and Germany in case they can sell it to another company here and get more money? Fat chance.

It's because the Boston Tea Party wasn't enough damage to you guys. Laughing :joke:

Sucks to be excluded. Maybe it costs too much to get those rights.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane, this is sometimes when one employs websites that have embedded the CrunchyRoll shows. I know it's illegal but sometimes you don't have much to go on. This is the same issue with fansubs: You don't have a legal means to watch the show but want to watch it. I am not saying go watch an anime illegally. I am just speaking the issue as it is. I really do wish CrunchyRoll would let anime be viewed in dozens of more countries. I know there are people that would be willing be willing to pay the monthly subscription fees to watch anime and support the industry. If I wasn't in America, I still would.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
sigh there just going to edit Sora no Otoshimono

they're gonna show whatever was shown on tv. CR doesn't edit anime.

Yes they do. I'm pretty sure that the end of School Days on CR is edited.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

The news article for Juuden suggests specific edits were made for Crunchyroll although it might just be again an existing censored version. I've not watched all of even one version of the first episode so can't comment further.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-09/crunchyroll-streams-altered-charger-girl-ju-den-chan

For School Days there was no terrestrial broadcast of the last episode, although there may have been a censored version produced prior to it being "pre-empted".

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-19/last-school-days-episode-preempted-by-real-life-crime
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-26/last-school-days-episode's-1st-run-to-be-on-satellite
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bayoab

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

CR does not do any editing. Any show that is "edited" is a case of CR receiving the broadcast masters instead of the DVD masters. This is true in the case of School Days where those are the AT-X masters that were aired.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

CR does not do any editing. Any show that is "edited" is a case of CR receiving the broadcast masters instead of the DVD masters. This is true in the case of School Days where those are the AT-X masters that were aired.

Either way it's edited when it comes on CR. It doesn't matter who edited it.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I find it weird how Japan has recently done editing quite a bit to its ecchi shows when they could just put it under the 10:00+ pm time block. However, that's why they have the DVDs. I wish they would just put an age verification thing on CrunchyRoll, and let us watch the version that would appear on DVD.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
I wish they would just put an age verification thing on CrunchyRoll, and let us watch the version that would appear on DVD.

No way in heck that's going to happen before the DVDs are released (the exception might be if the censored version was done specifically by or for a particular station rather than as a device to increase DVD sales)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2