• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Story of Saiunkoku Give-Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I adore Saiunkoku Monogatari. When I watched the 1st season, I thought to myself: wow, I want to be as strong-willed as the main character. Embarassed Laughing

It would be great to win this Cool
Redgem89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
I am going to keep entering these give-aways until I win, no matter how long it takes.

This^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Firousi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Elenna wrote:
Ack! Nevermind! I entered! Can you enter more than once or is that against the rules to it?

You can only enter it once. It won't let you enter numerous times. Confused
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote
I've already entered. Wish me luck!

Why isn't season two licensed yet?
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku, it comes down to sales/time/money. If the boxset does well enough, I think Funimation will try to get season 2. The question you asked can be applied to many other anime series.
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
My entry's in. Good luck to those that entered Cool .
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
Why isn't season two licensed yet?

I thought it was distinctly inferior to the first season. However my opinion wasn't shared by the Japanese audience; there the two seasons sold at almost identical rates averaging just over 3,000 copies per DVD. That won't matter as much to Funi as R1 sales of season one, of course.

If they do release season two I'm waiting for the entire boxset this time around. The complete set of season one coming out tomorrow is only slightly more expensive than the earlier sets consisting of just 1/3 of the episodes each.
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Okay, how long's it gonna be till the results are posted?
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
cetriya wrote:
if only this series had a real art book, not on for collecting guide books in japanese

http://www.rsc-online.com/colorsmiwaoshima.aspx

http://www.akadot.com/saiunkoku-monogatari-the-story-of-saiunkoku-picture-scroll-book-p-21396.html

http://www.akadot.com/saiunkoku-monogatari-the-story-of-saiunkoku-picture-scroll-book-p-26280.html?ref=rec

I'm also pretty sure I have the epsiode guide for at least one season which at least has lots of pix from the various eps.

yuna49 wrote:

If they do release season two I'm waiting for the entire boxset this time around. The complete set of season one coming out tomorrow is only slightly more expensive than the earlier sets consisting of just 1/3 of the episodes each.

When this title started under Geneon, though, single dvds were the norm so it was ultimately cheaper to buy as it was released because Geneon also released boxed sets in the $100-$200 range when initially boxed. Those of us who supported this title feom the start had no way of knowing Geneon whould close down their US operation, leave us hanging for a year, then start issuing mini-boxes, but the individual min-boxes have lovely covers while the box pictured looks rather boring in comparison.
Sort of like the Bebop set I bought way back when I started collecting is a cool hinged box with the soundtrack. Yes, they re-did the series, but that original box is still damned cool. The Code Geass Season 1 box is also exceptionally cool as are the Bento Box Kenshin sets.
Yeah, cheap cost is important, but there are compensating factors sometimes for paying more.
Vider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
cetriya wrote:
if only this series had a real art book, not on for collecting guide books in japanese

http://www.rsc-online.com/colorsmiwaoshima.aspx

http://www.akadot.com/saiunkoku-monogatari-the-story-of-saiunkoku-picture-scroll-book-p-21396.html

http://www.akadot.com/saiunkoku-monogatari-the-story-of-saiunkoku-picture-scroll-book-p-26280.html?ref=rec

I'm also pretty sure I have the epsiode guide for at least one season which at least has lots of pix from the various eps.

Thank you so much for posting this. The color and expression portrayed in all of the scenes in the anime are magnificent... not to mention the beautiful cover art for the mangas and light novels Mr. Green
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Yeah, cheap cost is important, but there are compensating factors sometimes for paying more.

I really don't care about the boxes, just about their contents. I only buy series to support the producers; I'm not really into how the boxes look on the shelf.

Did you buy the original release with the little black box tied on top? I wondered what it contained and never saw any mention of its contents on the forums I read. I just hope it wasn't a moldy manju bun!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Did you buy the original release with the little black box tied on top? I wondered what it contained and never saw any mention of its contents on the forums I read. I just hope it wasn't a moldy manju bun!

It was an empty box in which one was expected to put the dvds, but I was too worried they could scratch one another since the red accordian-like paper inside only came up about halfway so I just have it sitting there doing nothing.

Geneon had some great boxes in the past. The Hellsing TV set came with a little "blood pack" (red liquid freezer pack that has lived in my butter dish since I got it). I also have a Hellsing org patch that came with the 2nd or 3rd dvd. Requiem From the Darkness & Kyo Kara Maoh had book-like cases one slipped the various dvds into. KKM came with giant slide-like cards of the characters. Requiem from the Darkness had a glow-in-the-dark mini pencilboard. Mini-Pencilboards came with Tenjo Tenge, Saiyuki Reload & Reload Gunlock, Tokyo Underground, & Vandred
koon-chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Awww... I was hoping that since this released, it was signaling the arrival for season 2. I need season 2! I know I could watch it on YouTube, but what's the fun in that?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Darn. I didn't win, but Psycho 101 did! Congrats, Psycho!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Crap, I didn't even win this, and I entered early on!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3