• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2009 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
It's already that time of year again? Time flies... I've got little or nothing that I'm interested in this season, though (excepting Darker than Black 2, but I watched season 1 dubbed). So, hopefully I can just sit back and enjoy reading random reviews out of the guide this time, not to mention check out the new reviewer's style.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote
Kind of starting at the bottom of the barrel this year huh? Not even sure what's coming up this season... to the encyclopedia!
Vicserr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote
Well, at least we know that Queen's Blade will keep the -low- standards of the first series, and with no straight mecha shows (to my knowledge - correct me if I'm wrong people) this season and Shin Mazinger Z ending the way it did (We need another series/OVA/Movie NOW!!!), I'm a pretty sad anime fan these days... Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Vicserr on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote
Kuuchuu Buranku! Come on, people, always be interested in the Noitamina series, at least if you're over 20.

Otherwise, I want to know how Darker Than Black 2 looks, whether Book of Bontarra lives up to its potentially interesting premise or is just crap, and whether Manglobe has completely sold out its creative soul with Sacred Blacksmith. I'm also curious about this Aoi Bungaku series I've been hearing about, and maybe Letter Bee as well, though I'm more interested in reading the manga.

Now, since I'm betting a bunch of these won't be streaming, and I've forsworn fansubs for the near future (long story), I may not get to see all of these... *sigh* I really hope Funimation works out a deal on Darker Than Black, though.

And Zac, please show up and bash some of the series you really hate. You're so much fun when you're raging against the anime machine!
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
Well, at least we know what Queen's Blade will keep the -low- standards of the first series, and with no straight mecha shows (to my knowledge - correct me if I'm wrong people) this season and Shin Mazinger Z ending the way it did, I'm a pretty sad anime fan these days... Crying or Very sad

What about Gundam Unicorn? Not your bag? And you never know, that Miracle Train series might have mecha.... super creepy...

And yeah, Tentai Senshi Sunred season 2! Sacred Blacksmith and Tatakau Shisho look interesting too.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Vicserr wrote:
Well, at least we know that Queen's Blade will keep the -low- standards of the first series, and with no straight mecha shows (to my knowledge - correct me if I'm wrong people) this season and Shin Mazinger Z ending the way it did (We need another series/OVA/Movie NOW!!!), I'm a pretty sad anime fan these days... Crying or Very sad

What about Gundam Unicorn? Not your bag? And you never know, that Miracle Train series might have mecha.... super creepy...

And yeah, Tentai Senshi Sunred season 2! Sacred Blacksmith and Tatakau Shisho look interesting too.

Gundam Unicorn is my cup of tea, but it's still a few months out and I haven't seen Sunred SSN 1, and that's more like a Toku Parody/Homage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
If CrunchyRoll gets White Album season 2, I will be glad because that is among the fall shows I am most looking forward to.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote
It appears diversity is being celebrated here: Key gives a somewhat approving review of Queens Blade, a series which I never really considered to be as abhorrent as some- what I saw I'd describe as being honourably mediocre.
Carl's overview seems to suggest that core fans may be getting both more and less than they originally bargained for in this episode, as regards plot intricacies and titillation respectively.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

And Zac, please show up and bash some of the series you really hate. You're so much fun when you're raging against the anime machine!

Spoken for truth! I'd love to see the return of the dying emoticons (in all their bloody glory)!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
snl67 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

Spoken for truth! I'd love to see the return of the dying emoticons (in all their bloody glory)!

Yeah, it's crazy, I never really liked him back when he was doing the weekly Answerman. Now, with the more random appearances in reviews, I'm totally digging his style. Maybe I was overdosing on it before. With less freqnecy, Zac's style becomes this sort of ambush insult comedy.
Stretch24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I think Kampfer is actually a rather clever if not completely original show which doesn't waste time and holds my interest firmly. The premise of a superhero that can bend gender reminds me of Birdy the Mighty. The transformation sequence was pretty neat--well animated and they just give you a peek of the naughty stuff rather than pausing to drool over it. For all the short-skirted girls you don't see much pantsu, except in the commercial break and ED sequence (which was memorably animated). The jokes were fairly good, especially the ones about VAs. A number of characters have been given reasonable introductions, and their strange quirks are encouraging. In short, Kampfer looks like fun.
DomFortress

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Carlo Santo(s) wrote:
I greatly fear that Japan may have come up with a similar "How to Create Action Anime" kit—and that professional studios are actually using it.
Well this is one of those fact is stranger than fiction moment, in a sense that there is a series of government issued anime textbooks by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Bureau Of Industrial and Labor Affairs.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo! One positive review for Book of Bontarra so far! This looked like a really neat premise, and I'm hoping it's a good series (most of the ones streaming so far haven't peaked my interest). Keep 'em coming, guys! (and gals, more Summer and where is Casey?)
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quote
The only anime i'm looking forward to this season is the anime adaption of Kobano, mainly because i'm a sucker for Clamp titles.

But I'm also willing to check out that new Kiddy Grade sequel (which is about time) Very Happy
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Woohoo! One positive review for Book of Bontarra so far! This looked like a really neat premise, and I'm hoping it's a good series (most of the ones streaming so far haven't peaked my interest). Keep 'em coming, guys! (and gals, more Summer and where is Casey?)

We're off to a little bit of a slow start; things get crazy over the weekend and next week.

Summer is actually effectively filling in for Casey, whose schedule didn't allow her to participate this go-round. Bamboo will presumably be joining the lineup, and as soon as I have a spare minute of free time I'm going to watch some of the streaming shows and do some reviews have a strong drink and catch up on my DVR and then get around to doing some reviews myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 22