• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any ero-guro anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
Maybe Kemonozume?

It's not hentai, but there's a lot of eroticism and gore, and it mixes the two to some degree.

Oh absolutely I could see Kemonozume fitting in or at least be associated the genre.

cydarius wrote:
The ero-guro anime I know(does have blood-gore-battles and sex) is Berserk film series (not the TV series but releasing these film in this time of decade). I seen the latest trailer for the Berserk third film for the first arc(the Egg of the Emperor saga) will be having more of it.

While Bersek (which is my all time fav. series & fav. manga next to Devilman) nah, not Ero-Guro at all sorry. I haven't seen the features yet as they haven't been released here but I already know the entirety of the arcs, as I own the complete published manga from Dark Horse.
cydarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
There's also Mardock Scramble and Ninja Scroll.
casemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
cydarius wrote:
There's also Mardock Scramble and Ninja Scroll.

Here's some visual aid to help. This is what Ero-Guro looks like:

This is not Ero-Guro, it's Cyberpunk:

casemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Ero-Guro:

Not Ero-Guro:

Check this out, here's a definition of Ero-Guro that might help understand what defines it as a genre:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ero_Guro

Hope this helps clear the confusion! Cheers!
Sootoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
If you are looking for ero-guro you'll be more lucky to look for manga. Anime is just too commercialized for something like ero-guro. However, I could list some more guro, or guro related anime, but I really despise such spoon-feeding threads (and I also think it's actually prohibited to make such threads here).

Also, guro /= gore.
Kernel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote
casemax wrote:
Hey etienne6795, I made an account just to reply. A real Ero-Guro anime title is 'Midori Shoujo Tsubaki' it's the adaptation of Suehiro Maruo's Ero-Guro classic 'Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show' manga.

Keep in mind, it does have surreal elements but it's an authentic Euro-Guro tale of macabre & perverse deviancy.
I just made an account just to tell you that you're right, and that's the only guro anime I could found too. I also thought of creating an account just to tell her about it Mad Laughing
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Returning the corpse to the grave wherein it belongs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2