• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim to Run 2nd Bleach Anime Film on December 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I quite like Moribito, it's slow but enjoyable. Shame they're quietly pushing it back an hour.

Death Note isn't full of violence, but it is action-packed. They just fill it with "epic writing names in the Death Note!" scenes, that are animated in a way to make the mundane look action-y.

Why is AS starting an hour of FMA right as it nears the end of another rerun? After watching all 51 episodes I don't wanna go back and rewatch all 51 again in half the time. Give me a few months between reruns at least. Maybe they could air.........well I can't think of anything they still own that isn't on the airing block right now.

No mention is given to Bleach ceasing the airing of new episodes aftr November 21st(the week before the "Memories of Nobody" rerun and 2 weeks before the "DiamondDust Rebellion" airing)?. AS has been running Bleach pretty much uninterrupted for 100 episodes(minus a 2 or 3 week break around episode 100), so a dubbing hiatus would make sense. AS wouldn't cancel Bleach outright with how good its ratings have been on Saturdays. But you never know with AS, so they could cancel Bleach.

Coincidentally, Bleach stops new episodes on episode 167, which is exactly how many episodes of InuYasha aired on AS(all 167 eps). I just realized that. Is it actually a coincidence, or a conspiracy?

And one more thing to add. I've heard rumors of AS getting Soul Eater. Do we have anything to go on? The concept sounds Bleach-ish, so it could work. But it all depends on how AS rolls. They need a new show after Moribito ends December 19th, and it comes down to either Soul Eater or FMA Brotherhood it seems. It'd be nice to get both, or even just FMAB, but I'd like to see Soul Eater, since it's entirely new(as opposed to FMAB's rehash).

Wait, could the AS Double-Rerun of FMA be a hint of a lead-up to them premiering FMAB's dub?

Anyways, enough of my long-winded rambling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boznia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Coincidentally, Bleach stops new episodes on episode 167, which is exactly how many episodes of InuYasha aired on AS(all 167 eps). I just realized that. Is it actually a coincidence, or a conspiracy?

It's a coincidence. Episode 167 is the last episode before the next filler story arc.

As for whether AS has something planned after Bleach goes on hiatus and Moribito ends...I would hope so. Anything, really. No premiering shows is depressing.
malik_chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quote
boznia wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:

It's a coincidence. Episode 167 is the last episode before the next filler story arc.

As for whether AS has something planned after Bleach goes on hiatus and Moribito ends...I would hope so. Anything, really. No premiering shows is depressing.

Schedule says no, Code Geass is being played after Moribito ends in its time slot. If they do get anything new, it probably won't be until next year, because I don't think AS gets as many viewers around the holidays and new shows probably can't afford to take the hit in ratings.
Seljuk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Huh, and I really liked Moribito. Really atmospheric, plus from what I remember of it, it had some of the best-planned and choreographed fights that I can remember.

Don't get your hopes up to much about DD Rebellion though, it was pretty trashy in my opinion. The first Bleach movie I thought was wonderful, but DDR (heh..) just feeds the 'I have to obey my orders, even if they are bad!' line to try and make it look like it had drama. Forcing it, if you will. Just felt devoid of real character conflict, which made the fights seem mundane. It was a chore to watch. Just my two cents though.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
BeautyMaid wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Thank God! Moribito SUCKS! and Geass fails and whats up with that Star Wars crap? I Hate that so much its a waste of space there is noway that people actually watch that so why is it there? Just to leave me in Despair. We Need new stuff, If it were me, Saturday would run like this Starting at 10:00PM

Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Inuyasha The Final Act
D.Gray Man
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei < I don't care what anyone says!
Toradora! < I again can care less what anyone says!
Then Repeat Till 6:00AM

Depending on things Zetsubou Sensei and Toradora! Might have the 10:00-11:00 Block.... And yeah Viz no hogging up TV space! Give others shows a chance to bloom.

I beat TV will be a whole lot interesting and it would be 100x's better than what anyone has on now at those times and any other time during the week. Right now TV Fails except the Animal Planet channel.

Ok,yes Moribito does suck what is the point in it?And plus they should show an extar ep of Bleach Anime catgrin

Unfortunately that will backfire cause they have been running new epsiodes of bleach since season 3 and eventually they'll run out.

Also BeautyMaid, Moribito and Geass dont suck.It's their timeslots that sucks, sure it aint hight octane as other series but it has the best stroyline written for the fantasy anime genere since Scrapped Princcess,though i agree that it was a bad idea for it to show on AS. But Geass on the other hand is a very good series,but unfortunately,those multi fansub versions and illegal streaming as well as the timeslot didn't do it any favours but it's a good series unless you meant by the last ep in R2 which i didn't like at all. Too much like death note for the main in my view.

Also dont hold your breath on those series on AS anytime soon,although the new series of Inuyasha and FMA might be on AS later in the future,but after Viz sent Naruto Shippuden to be destroyed by the hands of a 4kids clone broadcast known as Disney Anime hyper,& funi haven't showed a new anime series on AS since shin chan and Trinity Blood, anything can happen for those series including the WORST CASE SENARIO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quote
Seljuk wrote:
Huh, and I really liked Moribito. Really atmospheric, plus from what I remember of it, it had some of the best-planned and choreographed fights that I can remember.

Don't get your hopes up to much about DD Rebellion though, it was pretty trashy in my opinion. The first Bleach movie I thought was wonderful, but DDR (heh..) just feeds the 'I have to obey my orders, even if they are bad!' line to try and make it look like it had drama. Forcing it, if you will. Just felt devoid of real character conflict, which made the fights seem mundane. It was a chore to watch. Just my two cents though.

I strongly disagree, Memories or Nobody was incredibly weak sauce compared to the DiamondDust Rebellion, had a generally boring plot, disappointing stale villains (with horribly thin intentions and little to no backstory) and the focus on Senna was hit or miss since she couldn't carry the film on her own. DDR gave fans want they want, action early on, characters that actually have a purpose in the film and that's it, the story is still weak and it's just pandering but it worked better here than it did for MoN.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote
I dunno about Memories of Nobody, but I do know that, much like it's source material, Daimond Dust Rebellion refused to end at about three instances where it would have made more scene to do so.
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
I dunno about Memories of Nobody, but I do know that, much like it's source material, Daimond Dust Rebellion refused to end at about three instances where it would have made more scene to do so.

Dude, you're referring to every filler aspect of a on going shounen-based series
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:20 am Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Dude, you're referring to every filler aspect of a on going shounen-based series

dead on there,but in my view i'd say that reason is why these movies based on ongoing shounen series get decent fan base in japan. Also i'm looking forward to rewatching both movies,though i like the 2nd movie over the first cause it aint too teary eye and kinda deperessing to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
AS doesn't seem they care for their anime shows as much as they used too: Shows going on hiatus or being canceled. I think the blame is to be put on these cheesy American shows. Their Family Guy airings on the website gets a lot of hits. I would be happy to watch Moribito legally if they would put the episodes on their website.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
AS doesn't seem they care for their anime shows as much as they used too: Shows going on hiatus or being canceled. I think the blame is to be put on these cheesy American shows. Their Family Guy airings on the website gets a lot of hits. I would be happy to watch Moribito legally if they would put the episodes on their website.

Like I said earlier, Bleach has been running 2 new episodes a week for about a year now(100 episodes), so a dubbing hiatus is perfectly reasonable and has nothing to do with AS not caring for Bleach. Studiopolis(Bleach's dubbing company) simply needed a break, since dubbing translating, adapting, and dubbing 2 new episodes a week EVERY week has to be stressful. Bleach constantly and consistently tops the Saturday Ratings, so I think AS won't be giving up on it yet. No other anime stays in the Top 3 so much, so yeah, AS loves its Bleach.

I don't know why Moribito was never put up on AS Video though, maybe Geneon/Media Blasters never made the deal with AS. Bandai(for CG and GitS), VIZ(for Death Note), and Funimation(for all their AS shows) seem to be the only ones who work with AS to get their anime shows up on AS Video.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote
If I have to wait a few weeks after episode 167, so be it. There are anime I could watch in the meantime.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched anything on Adult Swim since Code Geass ended.

Hell, I haven't even watched Robot Chicken.

I've found that anything and everything can be watched on Hulu now.

And, I've, also, never got into Moriboto that well. Just didn't pick it up for me.

And HIGHLY agree with Toradora and Zetsubou Sensei; don't care who or how anymore, I'm tired of fansubs/image iso's.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
prime_pm, I think it's safe to say many forum users here would like to be able to watch anime they love legally. However, there's these problems: Bad economy+time/money+many titles=frustration.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

No, No I'm not. Bleach is awful for this nonsence.

No, scratch that, the only Jump Shonen proertiy that doesn't seem like a trawl though awful land is One Piece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3