• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds North Star TV, Lupin Ep. 0, Sea Prince & Fire Child

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow, I can't wait to buy Lupin Episode 0. It's not my favorite Lupin movie, but it's easily one of the best installments in the franchise of the last 15 years. Hooray for Discotek.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode Zero is one of the best Lupin specials of late. Nice to see it finally coming stateside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku wrote:
Episode Zero is one of the best Lupin specials of late. Nice to see it finally coming stateside.

I'm also glad it's being released here. While I would prefer that Bang Zoom do the dub with the Geneon cast, I wouldn't mind if the Funimation cast dubbed it, as long as it gets a good dub!

Some nice extras would be good, too!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote
AutoGyro wrote:
Renaisance Otaku wrote:

I'm also glad it's being released here. While I would prefer that Bang Zoom do the dub with the Geneon cast, I wouldn't mind if the Funimation cast dubbed it, as long as it gets a good dub!

Some nice extras would be good, too!

As it's been stated before, Discotek is likely to just have it Japanese track only with subtitles.

Also, I believe the Pioneer/Geneon cast was a product of a group called "phuuz entertainment" (in all lower case). It was truly unfortunate that Geneon stopped licensing the second television series. I guess it wasn't doing well in sales.

I honestly cannot stand the Funimation dub for the TV specials and movies, but perhaps it's because I'm so used to the others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
I also don't mind if Episode 0 is only going to be avalible on Sub only DVD. It won't stop me from purchasing it, even though I've seen it in Japanese so many times.

In the past I hoped Funimation would license more TV specials. But sadly I think they're only focusing on other anime products they have right now. But I'm glad Discotek has some interest in Lupin III when no other anime companies are doing anything on Lupin.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quote
Has Discotek confirmed whether any of these titles are going to be billingual yet?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4