• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: McDonald's to Put Tamagotchi DVD in Japanese Happy Sets

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote
Nostalgia this must be. However, in a struggling economy, anime companies are desperate to make money. Wonder why they aren't offering Tamagotchis for American Happy Meals. I'm sure a new generation of children could get the virtual pet somewhat back online.
Ralifar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
That's amusing. McDonalds sucks no matter what country you're in though. If I'm in Japan I'm going to MOS Burger. Razz

Last edited by Ralifar on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
Ralifar, I know McDonald's is an acquired taste, however, to say it sucks internationally is biased and ignorant if you ask me. However, to each their own. I remember having a Tamagotchi in 5th grade. That was the major craze before Pokemon.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow, McDonalds in Japan is truly a class act... The US branch should take note and start offering anime DVDs in their Happy Meals...
Ralifar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I apologize Ctimene's Lover. I have not been to a McDonald's in every nation of the world, so I can only attest to the nations in which I've been to one. McDonald's sucks in the US, Kuwait, Qatar, Japan, and Ireland. Judging from my experiences in the McDonald's of those nations I'm going to say McDonald's probably sucks in every other nation of the world. And if you want to know why I've been to McDonald's in those countries it's because it's quick, and people I've been with have wanted to go. I may have also failed to mention that I'm a vegetarian.

This is also only my opinion. I never said that the eleventh commandment states, "McDonald's Shall Sucketh Throughout the World." So I'd say that saying someone's opinion is ignorant when it concerns one's food tastes is rather ignorant. That's only if you ask me though. Wink
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:26 am Reply with quote
No hard feelings, Ralifar. I was just pointing it out. McDoanald's in Japan and elsewhere is promoting two things: what they sell in their Happy Meals and how to gain pounds.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1