• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Add To Love-Ru Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote
There's a market for almost every SJ title, but Viz is more on there Bleach and Naruto side for now. With Funi taking One Piece, I mean having a another c.o takeing a smaller title that just ended and with OVA episodes still being made. I think thats fine, I mean they will find a way to market a small title.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little late in hearing this news, but this is awesome! I never thought I'd see this show licensed. Thank you Sentai.
Skyhawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quote
I keep hearing complaints about the number of episodes on DVD's lately. The old days of putting 3/4 episodes on DVD5 format disks is slowly coming to an end with companies switching to DVD9 format which has twice the capacity. The VOB size per episode is the same there are just more episodes on the disks. No quality change at all. Some like Media Blasters, Bandai Visual and Sony Pictures Entertainment still use DVD5 disks. Funimation has gone strictly to DVD9. 13 episodes from Bandai and Media Blasters costs on average $75 for 3 individual disks while Funimation costs $50 for a 2 disk boxset.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they had a meeting with Viz and had an agreement Viz would sit this one out on licensing it. CPM had licensed the Shounen Jump anime DNA2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7