• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Confirms Strike Witches DVDs to Be Unedited

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:27 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
This DVD is not going to sell. Why? Because of the general dub hating, stick it to the American licensor, screw you for trying to get money for this product attitude of the fans that gravitate toward this type of show.

Actually, I think the reasons you listed are way off the mark.

If FUNimation just threw up the edited versions because of fans' complaining, what makes anyone think these same people will buy the unedited version on DVD?

The only fans who'll buy the DVD now are the ones who will object to the removal of the unedited version.

And me, if only to add the box set to my collection of art proudly displayed in my family room so I can watch the eyebrow of visitors raise, perplexed at what they're viewing.

Kind of the same approach my fellow employees do when they see my desktop wallpaper of Becky from Pani Poni Dash.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm not quite sold on the fan complaints thing. I think that they might have realized that streaming a series with unclothed prepubescent looking girls on their site with their names across it was a bad idea.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
I'm not quite sold on the fan complaints thing. I think that they might have realized that streaming a series with unclothed prepubescent looking girls on their site with their names across it was a bad idea.

But they're going to be selling the DVDs with unclothed prepubescent girls, with their name on it. And for them, hopefully at places like Best Buy.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
The only fans who'll buy the DVD now are the ones who will object to the removal of the unedited version.

I first saw the unedited version on the R2 DVDs. I'm in no rush to buy this from FUNi since I already have it on DVD and have subs on the Bost DTO files.
Personally, as far as the bathroom scenes are concerned at least, I actually preferred the steam in the main.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3