• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Castle of Cagliostro

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that Castle of Cagliostro is listed under C, but not under L with the other Lupin III series. I was going to add an alternative title, but then I noticed that there were differences between the Lupin titles. Some say "Lupin III" while others say "Lupin the Third" and there is one that is listed as "Lupin Sansei" Not knowing which standard I should follow I thought better of editing it myself and am posting here instead. Do you think there should be a standard naming convention here?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:51 am Reply with quote
You got a good point there. Some standardization was in order, so how about this:
- Each Lupin anime should have at least one title beginning with "Lupin III" (not "Lupin the 3rd"); I've added an alternative title for Caglisotro
- Japanese titles should be listed as "Rupan sansei"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
You got a good point there. Some standardization was in order, so how about this:
- Each Lupin anime should have at least one title beginning with "Lupin III" (not "Lupin the 3rd"); I've added an alternative title for Caglisotro
- Japanese titles should be listed as "Rupan sansei"

Streamline releases were Lupin III / Tales of the Wolf (Aloha Lupin, ...)
FUNimation releases are Lupin the 3rd (Secret of the Twilight Gemini , Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure, Dragon of Doom, Voyage to Danger, ...)
Pioneer Releases are Lupin the 3rd (2nd TV series)
AnimEigo did Rupan III (Fuma Conspiracy)

I agree that there should be one common name, lets make it Lupin III

But The above titles (Rupan III, Tales of the Wolf, Lupin the 3rd) should all be listed as alternates.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1