• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds White Album Romance Game's TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
If they were to do more simulcasts, and add Queen's Blade season 2, Sacred Blacksmith, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, and Winter Sonata, then all the anime debuting this fall I wan to watch will be legitimately viewable. I wish they ax the region blocking for other otaku in foreign countries.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. A seinen romance on crunchyroll.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote
CR is quickly becoming the go to place for streaming anime.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
And they still have one more show left to announce, I guess for Monday.

BTW, anyone else finding the Crunchyroll streams to be really skippy since they've announced all of these new titles. I would get the occasional stutter before, but now I can barely get through an episode without it stopping a few times throughout. Today I tried watching Naruto 129 with a friend and it was completely unwatchable, it would skip every couple seconds, we didn't even make it to the opening. Doesn't seem like their servers can handle the extra stress of all these shows being watched at once and what I would assume to be a large wave of new members. I have a fast computer and a fast connection, but it doesn't even seem like you can buffer the videos anymore. You used to be able to pause and it would load up around five minutes ahead, and if it was fast enough it would read ahead while playing, but now pausing doesn't show any sign of the video loading ahead so it seems like if the server lags then the video lags, too. Also been finding problems with the subs showing up in the wrong part of the screen, sometimes they're just a little higher than they should be and other times they're right in the middle of the screen. Also been having a problem with shows stopping all together early (going to the end screen with the replay button at the top) and I have to reload the video. Not really acceptable for a pay service. I've had these things happen occasionally before, but now I can't seem to go an episode without the pausing and skipping.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes I did notice the subs were off for a recent Naruto Shippuden episode I was watching.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Emerje, what you were talking about happens to me on occasion. It could be added to the fact my computer is over 7 years old.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

BTW, anyone else finding the Crunchyroll streams to be really skippy since they've announced all of these new titles. I would get the occasional stutter before, but now I can barely get through an episode without it stopping a few times throughout.

Yes I've noticed that too, especially with shows that I've been watching for a while. Eyeshield 21 does it more often and for some reason Hanasakeru Seishounen seems to stutter a lot. It most likely is just all the new members, or is it all the 480/720 streams? I know nothing about servers and video streams and what not. I just know that since I paid for a membership, I'd prefer to watch my shows jitter free Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:18 am Reply with quote
I checked their help forum and followed their suggestions on how to improve speed and ping time, but didn't notice any improvement in my video streams. Watched Book of Bantorra ep 2 and got two noticeable stutters in the stream. Then watched Naruto Shippuden 129 up through the opening (about 10:15) and got several short, rappid pauses throughout. I really don't think the problem is on my end based on local speed and ping tests:

I should probably just bring it up with them since complaining here wont solve anything.

Emerje
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
All CrunchyRoll has to do is add Queen's Blade 2, Winter Sonata, and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, and all the debuting fall anime I am/will be watching are on the site like I had hoped.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:00 am Reply with quote
It's not you, CR is slower lately. But that went as expected.
White Album... I don't exactly enjoy this anime. After watching up to episode 10 or so and leaving a few episodes behind for lack of interest. My reasons are simple, I hate indecise people who can't decide who to love. And that's exactly what White Album is about, for ten whole episodes.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote
It'd be easy for Touya if he could actually see Yuki for more than 5 minutes a week. Indecision isn't really his problem, though spoiler[he has been unfaithful]. If Yayoi and the idol industry permited the two to be together, then likely there would be no issue.

So please think about the circumstances before you pin it all on Touya.
Quelamune

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
After getting through season 1 of white album, I'm rather liking it, even if the story is abit slow. Seems abit more realistic towards what people would be like in those situations, at least from my personal past experiences. Its refreshing compared to the normal romance series with all the extra goofy stuff added in. At least from my crazy point of view. Anime smile

Just started being a paying customer to crunchyroll as well, and while the stuttering of the shows is abit annoying atm, I'm looking forward to the 480 quality versions and both seasons (eventually).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quote
If you're finding it jerky in full screen try right-clicking on the video before going fullscreen and enabling the "fast fullscreen" option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I like the show and all, but I don't think I would care that much about her career if I were Touya, as to decide that I'm going to give her up to save it (and in a half-hearted manner even at that).

If he thought he wanted to let her shine for other people so much he should go up to her and tell her that rather than passive aggressively letting her slip away over time. That's cruel and painful for himself and for her, so it's just idiotic.

What he should do (IMO) and what I'm hoping he will eventually realize he should do is force the others to concede to him. He will dictate the terms and refuse to back down to make her career "better."

If people like her are they suddenly going to dislike her singing because she has a boyfriend? I somehow doubt any good fans would, though she might lose a few weirdos. I am fairly certain she cares enough about him she would forgive his infidelity, but he needs to realize how much she loves him and stop thinking of her career as the only thing that matters to her.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
If people like her are they suddenly going to dislike her singing because she has a boyfriend? I somehow doubt any good fans would, though she might lose a few weirdos. .

=\

These are the people who were freaking infuriated when they learned that a fictional character (Nagi from Kannagi) possibly had a past boyfriend. I don't claim to know the industry all that well, but I assume that an idol having a boyfriend is entertainment suicide.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2