• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote
I'm finally getting used to Lucy's voice. After nearly missing this episode(episodes available for a month only) I'm sure about something that I've been pondering over for the past episodes. Are they actually trying to attract an older audience by using images like this:

Either way, I like it. Clearly, to make this obvious they should draw her while bending with that skirt. Enough of my pervert thoughts.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote
After enjoying the first couple of episodes and loving the characters I've finally had time after to work to start trying to catch up and getting really into the show as I expected I would after having fun with those.

Loving the heck out of the soundtrack too.

I'm glad they waited for there to be a whole lot of the manga before starting this so hopefully this will indeed get run for a very long time like the other big shounen shows.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I sincerely can't see the difference between the current episodes and fillers. I'm watching episode 17 right now, and you, my sir, have shattered my dreams of having a thread of my own. It's not really as bad as everyone said it would be, perhaps much better than Naruto when Naruto started, but not better than Bleach's first episodes(though Bleach after Soul Society's arc is just meh). Now, I really doubt it'd beat One Piece at any point.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I guess I did, didn't I Smile

I agree, I think I'd put it in between the two as well comparing early starts. I think I liked Fairy Tale's cast faster than Bleach's since it took until the Soul Society arc for the characters that I ended up enjoying watching more often balanced by Bleach's quick start on the more "dangerous" action (and dramatic soul pressure "weight" special effect, atleast I think that was also first portrayed very early as well adding some weight right off the bat).
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Well I just finished catching up ~ (to the current episode)

I have to say they handled Gray's arc very well. The fights where well done and it stayed pretty close to the manga.

My only problem with the series still is the fact Lucy's summon scenes are just re-use the back ground change the key and cloths type deal. Along with the magic circles being re-used just in different colors.

I mean it's not that bad, the music makes up for that problem.

Still can't wait to see how the next arc is handled.
blinkboy211

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

My only problem with the series still is the fact Lucy's summon scenes are just re-use the back ground change the key and cloths type deal. Along with the magic circles being re-used just in different colors.

I still cannot understand why the decided to add in the stupid circles. Otherwise I don't have anything to complain about.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quote
my only complaint with the show is how cheap the fight scenes feel. using just a bunch of still frames feels like watching a manga slideshow.
happymoose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
snip

Last edited by happymoose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I've not read the manga but I believe that the manga also starts off more on the light adventure side.

I'm very much enjoying it, I like the designs and style which have seen some nice little improvements over time so far, and the overall art is pretty nice for one of the 100+ episode "jump-style" action adventure shows, and they are doing an ok good job on battle-damage art like for example Erza during ep 26 (and the others).

Like others my one real complaint is that while the "graphics" of the fight are usually nice enough and the animation of the damage strikes do to surroundings are usually as well, given the studios involved and that this is co-production of usually really visually impressive studios like Satelight and A-1 I was kinda expecting smoother and more animated fight scenes so that's been somewhat of a disappointment so far due to higher expectations. Still some have been better than others and at least even the cheapest can't really be compared to the even more still-eriffic Rave Master action scenes.

Personally, I think this arc has been picking up pretty nicely. And man do I still love the music for this.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:07 am Reply with quote
Wow it has not been since May since the last post, just like to say it is quite good, up to episode 41. The anime just recently finished the Tower of Paradise Arc, which focused on Erza, so that was awesome as she is my favourite character. And we also got to see the new spoiler[Guild hall, which was pretty sweet, aswell as Juvia and Gajeel as additions to the guild, I like Juvia she is definetly a good character. But I was a little bit suspicious of Gajeel, but the fact he took all those attacks from team Shadow Gear and the jerk Laxus, but then actually get serious to protect Levy definetly puts him higher in my books. Also when Natsu didn't like the new hall I had the feeling he would start a fight and feel at home, I will say the starting of the fight was hillarious, especially with Elfman stepping on Erza's cake.]

Actually there was a part a couple episodes back which had spoiler[Jellal saying that the tower should not take any more damage, then Natsu gets up. I then started laughing knowing what came next, and Natsu does he signiture bravado and says destroying things is his specialty.] I don't remember getting a feeling like that since watching Gurren Lagann, I really have been enjoy it.

Actually there has been a few good arcs, such as the Pantom Lord arc, though it got a bit slow with so much fights, it got me likeing Elfman as one of my favourites.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it's a shame this show isn't getting more love here at ANN; I'm enjoying it a lot. They get me every time with the theme of "go all out for your friends!" I'd still love to know whether the intention is to make this a long running series like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc. or something more limited. Oh and I can't believe I only found out recently that Rie Kugimiya does the voice for Happy! She does an awesome job, of course.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Oh and I can't believe I only found out recently that Rie Kugimiya does the voice for Happy! She does an awesome job, of course.

Aye she does, I think it hits pretty hard aswell when you also heard one of her typical voices when spoiler[Plu was supposedly speaking, although it was just one of Happy's jokes in that episode.] I also thought it was cool with the spirit king being the narrator from Hayate, kind of funny as his title of voice of the heavens.

Also since I have been watching some Naruto Sippuden and a bit of Bleach lately, I really appreciate the speed that Fairy Tail goes at. That is it is rare for there to be only one fight an episode, and the characters actually do something other theneither talking to each other, or fighting in what must be slowmotion. Even Lucy was pretty kickass when she spoiler[did the cliche thing of returning home, but actually telling her father to stay the hell away, and showed the determination the other characters had shown.]

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
well the series started pretty poorly with its lack of animation for the fights but its slowly been getting better and has become quite an awesome series.
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I started by watching the anime before I read the manga, and I have to say first thing I thought was look its Rave Master!! since then I've been watching the series and reading the manga and reviewing it mostly ep by ep on CR, but I love Haru I mean Natsu and Grey!!

fillers are pretty boring but the main story is good, so normally ill read the manga first and watch the anime but I already know what to expect ......
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Just watched episode 45, Fairy Tail is still a highlight of my week. I remember hearing that the creator partially got influenced by Dragonball Z and the likes, and it actually really shines through in this episode. There was a fight that was incredibly simular to what they did in DBZ, and it was awesome, kind of felt like being a kid again and watching their epic fights. The fight starred spoiler[the usually gentle Mira who showed why she used to be S class and going demon, and all her attacks sounded satanic.]

Though of course in Fairy Tail's style the fights do not drag on for ages, as we also other things happen aswell, including some nice development of Juvia. And also spoiler[Lucy's first epic win against a strong mage,] Seeing Natsu and Gajeel's faces about that was funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 57