• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
This episode made me wonder if I should start avoiding Fairy Tail until the main episodes are back. But then the scene with Laxus and the old man happened, and I changed my mind. But then (x2) I realized that this anime sucks at drama sometimes. Damn, they sure picked a good dramatic soundtrack though. Laughing

By now it's also safe to assume that watching shonen for the story is like watching the sky for the very last comet. You get a good one now and then but it's never the last.
Otishio

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
This episode made me wonder if I should start avoiding Fairy Tail until the main episodes are back.

I'm pretty much on this dilemma too. I'm giving it one more episode because of the ending and I want to see what the spoiler[Three Edolus people; Cocoa, Sugarboy, and Hughes] But if it doesn't get any better I'll just wait it out.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm perfectly happy with what's going on. I just watch Fairy Tail to see the characters interact, I don't particular care about "the story" per se. The "story" is always the same: some Big Bad threatens our cast, the chips are down and then - thanks to the power of believing in yourself and friendship - our cast prevails. Pretty straightforward. I enjoyed watching spoiler[Gray being awkward with Ezra], for example. That's the kind of thing that keeps me watching Fairy Tail.
Otishio

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm perfectly happy with what's going on. I just watch Fairy Tail to see the characters interact, I don't particular care about "the story" per se. The "story" is always the same: some Big Bad threatens our cast, the chips are down and then - thanks to the power of believing in yourself and friendship - our cast prevails. Pretty straightforward.

While this is true, I'm just not very motivated with how Fairy Tail is. Now, I don't read the manga but two of my friends do read the manga and from what I do hear a lot of awesome characters are going to be introduced. Now, this kind of keeps me impatient and I just want to get to where the point is. On top of that I don't really like the idea behind this arc. They introduced Michelle and this what I'm going to call - artifact but they stop talking about it and move onto something else...? I'm curious as to that but it annoys me how it just doesn't keep on track for that. We go from that to spoiler[Erza and Gray beating the Vanish Brothers again..] All in all I still love Fairy Tail but these fillers just aren't doing it for me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Otishio wrote:
They introduced Michelle and this what I'm going to call - artifact but they stop talking about it and move onto something else...? I'm curious as to that but it annoys me how it just doesn't keep on track for that. We go from that to spoiler[Erza and Gray beating the Vanish Brothers again..] All in all I still love Fairy Tail but these fillers just aren't doing it for me.

But all the characters are doing their thing, it would only make sense that Gray and Erza would not be distracted by something that has almost nothing to do with them. Actually one thing that has kind of annoted me is that we hear characters are away on missions, or doing their own thing, but we usually only stick to one person. This episode gave us a bit of Michelle so it does not just feel like all her time was in a single montage, Natsu challenging the strong which is a big part of his personality, and the relationship between Gray and Erza.

Why do have to only focus on the plot instead of the fun side stories/ characters. And it looks like we will see spoiler[Earthland Cocoa, Sugarboy and Hugh, which should be interesting, wonder how they differ.]
Otishio

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Why do have to only focus on the plot instead of the fun side stories/ characters. And it looks like we will see spoiler[Earthland Cocoa, Sugarboy and Hugh, which should be interesting, wonder how they differ.]

I did not mean to put the people out there who do enjoy these in a bad description or however you took it. All I am saying is that I do wish that it was back to the plot as I think it'll get very good. I'm sure there are the people (with you as a perfect example) that do enjoy these and that's perfectly fine.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 138
Been about two months since last post, and they changed the OP and ED again, which I think reveals that spoiler[Cocoa, Dan, Sugar Boy etc, are not really the bad guys, looks like seven year aged villains from the Nirvada arc are the real culprits (oracion seis).] I also theories that Michele spoiler[may be some like a celestial spirit.]

But the real reason I had to put this post was a pretty much epic battle by my favourite character in the show, Mirajane. First off we had spoiler[Satan soul get taken out of Mira and attack her siblings, but it all changed when Mira got up with an even stronger version, Demon Halphas (hopefully canon). We then saw a fight that looked like the time Mira fought Freed, except this time Satan Soul was on the losing side,] I liked Lilisana saying that her sister is "scary". A bit more of explanation of whyspoiler[ she has not been allowed to use this form, my only theory is that that Mira forgets her own strength. I liked the end of just saying "bad girl"] but I feel that I missed something.

Oh and as for how Earthland versions have differed, it has turned out that Earthland spoiler[Sugarboy is gay, and his fight turned into a similar exchange to the one Gray had with Juvia. Smile Cocoa hates cats, we could tell that Hughs was a chick, I liked Natsu's exchange that Hughs was cross dressing.]

Also good that Aquarius did not attack Lucy this time.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
nah it was explained why she couldn't use that takeoverspoiler[ in typical fairy tail fashion its because she can destroy an entire town while using it (she smashed a cliff in just this fight).]
Viorexx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Is this season really a filler
there has been a lot of adding to the main plot with different elements for a filler.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Is it? My main reason not to watch it right now is that I don't want to catch up to all the episodes I missed. The second would be that this is a filler, which by itself isn't necessarily bad (I don't mind fillers so much), which brings me to the third reason: a nice break from Fairy Fail, so I can start enjoying it as much as I used to. But if there are a lot of main plot elements I might have to reconsider.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 140
That is a nice round number. Okay we have spoiler[Oracion Seis Reborn, and the characters and over the past 7 years they have gotten stronger, Midnight seems to lead the group with the name Brain 2. Midnght's magic was able to overcome both Dan's shield and Byro's nullification, Racer is like an animal, using a magic other than slow, Cobra can use sound as a weapon and better at his telepathy. We also have the villain the air guy that was a villain in the Lullaby arc, and made a brief appearance in the Oracion Seis arc, and Angel can use some form of angel magic, including summoning an angel. And that angel was strong enough to take out everyone.]

I am bit sad with Coco spoiler[being locked up, she was being a rather nice character recently.] I figured this out last week when we saw the Pope's assistant, spoiler[but that guy is definitely Brain/zero. I could tell by his looks, and now the talk a priest seeing the prisoners, and how he acted it is practically confirmed.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:48 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Oracion Seis reborn! makes an appearance.]
Those guys are spoiler[up to no good as usual.
Guess they'll never change...
Erigor is totally embodiment of Grim Reaper, so no surprise about the nickname.]

Each member spoiler[of Oracion Seis is incredible in its own way.]
Natsu & crew were spoiler[practically powerless against them.
Dan was pretty LOL with his hitting on girls.... ANY girls ^^"]

Those Zentopian guys and their ways... don't like it one bit.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Latest episode 140:

The new and improved spoiler[Oracion Seis]...nice. Kinda weird seeing Midnight with long hair though or maybe we should call him spoiler[Brain] as the new name he goes by.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 141

spoiler[Yet another end of the world arc.
Oracion Seis up to their old "let's destroy the world" tricks.
Find the clock and take it back Fairy Tail mission was predictable.
So they're destroying churches now, interesting.
Kinana's behavior was really weird. She's acting like a prophet of sorts.
Even Zentopians are having issues with Oracion Seis.
Those guys seem to be messing up everyone plans.
Will Neville, finally a name that could help Fairy Tail's quest.
They sure divided into interesting pairs and groups. Hope it'll help.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
I am interested to see how the pairing works, especially with spoiler[Wendy and Bixlow], and I am not sure if we have actually seen spoiler[Juvia and Gajeel] work together, despite having a similar past. And I am thinking that w will get some revelation on Michele, and I am kind of surprised at how much they are writing into Kinana's character in this arc, considering it is anime only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 57