• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 69:

Good episode but some of the other fights in the backgrounds imo weren't necessary. The highlight of the episode was obviously Wendy as she and Carly stands against Ezel and Face. And what an adorable kid she was when she was little!

The fight itself felt a bit fast. I was hoping they would add some additional content. My favorite scene would have to be when Wendy first met Carla when she was little.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:04 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Neo-Minerva enters the scene.
A new challenge for Erza?
Natsu had problems with the absorbing guy.
Lucy pulled a good one with Natsu, creative thinking!
Nice going Mira!!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 70...

I didn't the episode that exciting imo until the second half in particular with Seilah. It looks like using Macros on herself made her into a super demon or something, which is strong enough to counter attack.

Looking forward to Neo Minerva fighting soon against Erza.

The PV for the episode looks more exciting though. Hope FT is ready to what they are about to face...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 71:

Looks like a lot of filler content thrown into this episode in particular related to Rustyrose. Too bad he was no match at all against Kyoka.

And anyways, this episode established the alliance between Jellal and Oracion Seis on better terms. Mard Geer's appearance at the end is also getting me hyped for next week!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:55 am Reply with quote
2014, Episode 71 (Episode 246)

Was quite confused when we saw Zancrow and Azuma, since those are two characters we know are dead. Zancrow was killed by Zeref and Azuma turned into a tree. But then remembering what Rusty's magic is, and it is kind of sad. Funny as I was only just before that wondering why Rusty did not fix his glasses.

Preview: Very Happy
That, looks like we might see some of how the Strauss siblings joined, Fairy Tail. No lie finding out how the joined and the origins of Mirajane using take over of demons has been something I have hoped to happen for a long time. They are a favourite part of this anime.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 72:

Seilah going badass this episode. Kinda expected but it's still thrilling to watch her take on Mirajane. That sense of rage is a bit scary. We also find a bit more about Mirajane's past, which imo isn't' very pleasant to see..

I'm glad she has family that suports her and she eventually finds Fairy Tail. It's also neat to see a bit more characterization for its guild members.

Cute chemistry between her, Lisanna, and Elfman. Glad to see Mard Geer getting more screen time as it builds up more events for this arc. I'm not feeling bad for Kyoka though lol.

Alegria looks legit.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
Really enjoyed the Strauss siblings bit with Mirajane. Although now I want to see how Mirajane went from avoiding Erza to becoming her bitter rival.

And also confirmation that the guy holding the book is not END, only that they are trying to revive them. Good as I was thinking that my theory about who it might have been was making me look silly, although it still crazy and likely just a way of me wanting to force some closure of things.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail 2014 - episode 73:

Welp, hello Celestial Spirit King. Of course, it didn't come without a cost. I felt bad for Lucy tbh for losing a friend despite never getting along that well, I think Aquarius will still miss her.

Next episode should be exciting with the fight. Hoping they will adapt it properly. Also, no OP song this week. I think they really wanted to extend the final goodbyes for Aquarius and Lucy with some additional memory scenes.
javg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
... spoiler[hello Celestial Spirit King]. Of course, it didn't come without a cost...

Wow since I don't follow the manga, I wasn't expecting this!!. A lot of times I asked myself when the spoiler[Celestial Spirit King was going to be summoned but it came when I least expected ].

I don't know exactly how to describe the last moments of the ep. which I think was great. spoiler[ On the one hand, the Spirit King destroyed Plutogrim with a single blow and on the other hand, Lucy desperately crying for sacrificing Aquarius ]..

I can't wait for the next battle Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 74:

Ooh, that was quite a fight between Mard Geer and the Celestial Spirit King. It seems the two have met sometimes in the past before so they've had a history.

I felt bad for Lucy though because of her loss of Aquarius. Still glad to see that she had the spirit to fight back against Jackal with Urano Meitira. That spell really has a nice OST theme to it and chanting. Looks like we'll be getting a variety of fights coming up. I think who Gray will be facing is obvious.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
I wonder if we will see Lucy channel her spirit's power into herself again. It would be pretty cool if that met she could be in more brawls.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 75

The 4-on-4 fight isn't really much of a fight this episode tbh, considering that Silver literally takes Gray away. I think the show also eased the tension a bit with the comedy on some parts until Wendy realized what was going on....

The fight between Neo Minvera and Erza...was alright I guess, wasn't as exciting as I had thought actually. Seems like we find out more about Minerva's past which isn't pleasant. Glad to see Sting and Rogue arrive though. ABOUT TIME.

Wendy's new hair style. I kinda like it as a form of symbolizing her determination.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote
2014, Episode 75 (Episode 250)

The weirdest thing with Wendy is that I was totally thinking in that scene that Wendy would look good with short hair, and then she cut it.

And Minerva has had one messed up life, that guy totally deserved what Sting did to him. I hope he does not return. But Sting and Rogue did come back, yay. But when I think of Sting now I think of Michael Jones who is voicing him in the dub.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail (2014 - ) episode 76:

Nope, I'm not surprised by this episode's revelation of what Silver revealed to Gray. There were some minor foreshadowing or perhaps hints already.

And as for the episode, it felt like a bit all over the place with focus on the various battles. I still thought the Gray/Silver feud was the best one from the episode though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Gray: "No! That's not true! That's impossible!"

But even more than that, the true identity of Silver is also Deliora. Really, that took me by surprise. But isn't there a time gap between Deliora dying and Gray's father dying? Although it also muddles a few things like why was Deliora trying to kill what he thought was a demon at the village. I thought that perhaps he was a double agent.

And the leader of the demons, he expressed frustration at "lowly humans" using dragon slayer magic. Was that just a throw away line that humans should be weak, spoiler[or is this really pointing to what I was thinking before that Natsu has some connection the The End]? From Zeref spoiler[weirdly knowing Natsu, and Igneel also having something to do with the demon].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 50 of 57