• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shakugan no Shana II Guidebook Ships with Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Huh...

Slightly off-topic....but it'd be super if they would start releasing the godamn DVDs stateside sometime this decade... >:<
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Huh...

Slightly off-topic....but it'd be super if they would start releasing the godamn DVDs stateside sometime this decade... >:<

Well season 2 needs a new licensor for America. Funimation only distributes the dvds for the 1st season but it's a whole another matter when it comes to dubbing the whole 2nd season. This whole issue with Geneon just had to happen at the worst time when Geneon was working on slightly longer series which also includes When They Cry before they shut down. If Funimation had dubbed and licensed Shakugan no Shana and When They Cry we could already have the whole 2nd season boxsets for both of them by now.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quote
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
John Casey wrote:
Huh...

Well season 2 needs a new licensor for America. Funimation only distributes the dvds for the 1st season but it's a whole another matter when it comes to dubbing the whole 2nd season. This whole issue with Geneon just had to happen at the worst time when Geneon was working on slightly longer series which also includes When They Cry before they shut down. If Funimation had dubbed and licensed Shakugan no Shana and When They Cry we could already have the whole 2nd season boxsets for both of them by now.

Don't forget Zero no Tsukaima Seasons 2 + 3 and Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Strikers
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote
ZnT 3 can stay unlicensed... and hopefully I can forget that dreadful muck.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote
As far as dubbing it, Funimation may have their eyes on it. With all the titles they have been getting lately and the money they have been making, I think one could expect a dub as a remote possibility. Another problem is if Funimation does get, it will take quite some time to dub if they do decide to do it. Reason is because they have all those other shows they are working on dubbing and releasing. They are working at a constant pace to dub all these shows. With Soul Eater and FMA: Brotherhood being dubbed, these two shows are probably their "flagship projects" for quite some time.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
As far as dubbing it, Funimation may have their eyes on it. With all the titles they have been getting lately and the money they have been making, I think one could expect a dub as a remote possibility. Another problem is if Funimation does get, it will take quite some time to dub if they do decide to do it. Reason is because they have all those other shows they are working on dubbing and releasing. They are working at a constant pace to dub all these shows. With Soul Eater and FMA: Brotherhood being dubbed, these two shows are probably their "flagship projects" for quite some time.

Yeah that's the 1 thing about Funimation they are basically getting the majority of the anime series since the other companies pretty much are kind of unstable which even includes Bandai. With Funimation though you can guarantee an English dub will be included to satisfy those who wants dubs and also include the original Japanese track for those who don't want to hear English dubs in anime. If Bandai gets an anime it's like maybe it will be dubbed or maybe not. Sentai no English dub at all unless it's pre-recorded. So in a way with Funimation having all of this money is a good thing and a not so good thing at the same time since they don't have time to dub anime series that originally didn't belong to them. Plus Funimation has a number of series that are not finished that originally belong to them. Plus if anymore anime companies in America shut down then expect anime to get even longer before America sees it.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I would've thought that the success of Code Geass and Gundam 00 that they would've sold well enough that it would've helped Bandai earn a decent amount of sales money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1